Leo beer now tastes bad

singburisam

8 minutes ago, CMKiwi said:

Yes the Kaiserdom isn't bad and they have 3 or 4 varieties. Rimping were the 1st to sell it but now other outlets have picked it up.

Even Makro has it in stock. I like the unfiltered and the dark ones best. Damn big cans those... 1 litre I think.

I prefer the unfiltered. The dark beers are always too heavy for me, hence my preference for lager or IPA's.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Cockwomble said:

Are you not able to comprehend what was written?

I am fully aware that it is brewed under licence, and also as stated the quality of beer is not of the same standard as it is in Singapore. 

Really not interested in the rest of crap that you have written about Levis etc, as it's not relevant

No! I think it is you who doesn't understand.

The OP didn't like the taste of has last Leo Beers and I suggested he try Tiger Beer, which you can buy here. Only you jumped in and told us all it is not a Thailand Beer and is made under license.

Who cares if Mom & Pop make it in the back yard, as long as the beer tastes better? He wasn't asking in how to get a licenses in Thailand to open a Brewery. Nor does he care where it was made. So it seems to me that all of your post are irrelevant and off topic.

9 hours ago, alien365 said:

In short yes, they are still different. Heineken in Thailand is different to in the West. San miguel too. Even guiness brewed in England and Ireland is different. 

To argue this is way off topic and not the point.

Of course beer made in a different location has a huge effect on taste. The water they use alone makes a world of difference. I used to make my own beer, so I should know. But none of this has anything to do on this topic in which Leo Beer taste sucks lately, and I suggested trying new beer. 

1 hour ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

No! I think it is you who doesn't understand.

The OP didn't like the taste of has last Leo Beers and I suggested he try Tiger Beer, which you can buy here. Only you jumped in and told us all it is not a Thailand Beer and is made under license.

Who cares if Mom & Pop make it in the back yard, as long as the beer tastes better? He wasn't asking in how to get a licenses in Thailand to open a Brewery. Nor does he care where it was made. So it seems to me that all of your post are irrelevant and off topic.

Oh you just woke up? 

Go off and drink some cool aid or whatever, your level of IQ is not worth duscussing with. 

When you are next back in Thailand on holiday let us all know.

Naturally its "Horses for Courses", but personally l think that the taste of Leo beer is utterly revolting.

lts far too sweet for starters.

My choices, in order of preference, are:-

1) Heineken Draught.

2) Heineken Bottled.

3) Tiger(bottles).

4) Beerlao lager

5) Singha(bottles).

6) Chang.

l used to like Chang, but now find that its too sweet also.

l used to buy Beerlao in Australia in 660ml bottles for $50 a case.

When they put the price up to $60, it just wasn't worth buying anymore as l could buy the local XXXX Gold for $33(& the XXXX came in 750ml bottles).

13 hours ago, Cockwomble said:

Oh you just woke up? 

Go off and drink some cool aid or whatever, your level of IQ is not worth duscussing with. 

When you are next back in Thailand on holiday let us all know.

Can do! I have been living here in Thailand now for about 10 years now. But when I go on a holiday I will personally let you know when I return. 

When do you plan to come to Thailand your first time?

11 minutes ago, soc said:

Naturally its "Horses for Courses", but personally l think that the taste of Leo beer is utterly revolting.

lts far too sweet for starters.

My choices, in order of preference, are:-

1) Heineken Draught.

2) Heineken Bottled.

3) Tiger(bottles).

4) Beerlao lager

5) Singha(bottles).

6) Chang.

l used to like Chang, but now find that its too sweet also.

l used to buy Beerlao in Australia in 660ml bottles for $50 a case.

When they put the price up to $60, it just wasn't worth buying anymore as l could buy the local XXXX Gold for $33(& the XXXX came in 750ml bottles).

Some pretty good choices I think. One I never tried though which is Beerlao.

Heineken is a good beer no doubt. World wide sales would tell us that to. For me it is more of a cost difference then preference. I prefer Tiger though. Singha is a good beer also, but I find it too gassy. Makes me bloat after a few of them.   

14 minutes ago, Cockwomble said:

Nice try, Fail.

Well actually no. It looks like you are the one who failed. 

Even from my 1,170 Posts to Your measly 535 proves I have been on Thai Visa longer than you, and I never even heard of them until a few years ago. 

But by all means keep trying to argue what beer is not made here, and how that effects the taste of a bad Leo Beer, as to be honest nobody cares, as it has nothing to do with the Ops post. Especially me! 

3 hours ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

Some pretty good choices I think. One I never tried though which is Beerlao.

Heineken is a good beer no doubt. World wide sales would tell us that to. For me it is more of a cost difference then preference. I prefer Tiger though. Singha is a good beer also, but I find it too gassy. Makes me bloat after a few of them.   

l find Tiger to be just as good as Heineken & a little bit cheaper.

At the hotel that l stay at when in Pattaya, the Heineken is/was 55 baht a small bottle & the Tiger is/was 45 baht.

Perhaps l should have made Tiger an equal lst or 2nd on my scale.

Cheers.

Thought it was because I had been back in Oz for 16 months, but found both Leo and Chang to have changed for the worse, when we returned recently.

Beer Singha is the best of the Thai beers now for me.

Only marginally more expensive than the other 2 in Tesco's as well.

if I move back here I think I will have to bring my homebrew gear with me 555

Choke Dee

On 1/8/2017 at 1:05 PM, GOLDBUGGY said:

Tiger Beer is brewed in Thailand and under license. Which means they have to do it a certain way and the way they tell them.

Are you going to say the "Levis Jeans" are all crap here because they are not made in the USA? Or Sony and their TV's because they are not made in Japan and only under license? Or all the cars made here like Ford, Nissan, and who knows what else? 

All I know is that you can buy Tiger Beer here, which is pretty good. You can't buy Labatt's Blue Beer here, and many others. My suggestion was to try a different beer here which I think is okay. But not one that wins the Blue Ribbon,, which you can't buy here. 

But you intimated it was a Thai beer, which it is not. I was an ardent Tiger drinker (going back at least 20 years) until they trashed it here a few years back. It's just gone meh the same as all the others to fit the Thai palate (which is fair enough I guess, but boy are they missing out). What I think is happening is a complete dumbing/reducing down of the 'beers' so that they all taste the same. Had high hopes for the Asean thing, but it hasn't really made any difference beer wise.

Edited by daveAustin

Just had a can now actually and immediately wished I hadn't, opting to pour the remaining contents away. Whatever goes through their mind to change the taste of a tipple? It is brand suicide and mind-boggling even for here. The only thing that would make any sense is that they've saved money somehow in the brewing process, hence the really bad taste. No more Leo for me.

i always drink leo and haven't noticed any change in taste.... but i do know the difference between  3 week old Leo and 3 month old Leo .... it literally turns to horse pss after 3 months...its mostly new stock in Pattaya 7/11 but i bought a couple cans from Big c last month... first can ok but immediately notices difference from second can... check the date which was June 16 so threw it down the sink ..

they have really ramped up their prices last year or so....i remember when it was 1.05 for 4 pack of cans... think it is now dearer than Singha ?? .... im pretty fussy about my beer so regardless of price ill drink what i like best which is Leo !!

Edited by William Osborne

13 hours ago, KhaoNiaw said:

There's always been a difference between the Leo from Khon Kaen and the Leo from Pathum but they seem to have evened them up now - not for the better.

I've always preferred Leo from khon kaen. I've not had a new KK Leo yet but was hoping it would still be drinkable. I guess what you're saying is it's not.

23 minutes ago, alien365 said:

I've always preferred Leo from khon kaen. I've not had a new KK Leo yet but was hoping it would still be drinkable. I guess what you're saying is it's not.

Actually I had a couple of Leos last night and thought they were ok. They were KK Leo.