478 deaths and 4,128 injuries in seven days

webfact

4 hours ago, leither69 said:

I don't know why people even discuss this,  same story, same posts every year, do you think what we say makes a difference?? 

It gives us something extra to do twice a year. It also keeps us focused on our own common sense.

3 hours ago, MorristheRunt said:

Until the authorities do the jobs they are paid to do, this disgusting, inhumane slaughter will continue.

From top to bottom, the Thai authorities should hang there heads in shame.

Life is cheap in Thailand, always has been, always will be.

Shame on you

+1

I do not have the stats, but I am prepared to state that these RTA deaths amd injuries in Thailand by far outnumber the number of deaths and injuries inflicted in the Syrian war. and Iraq combined over the same time period.

And look at how appalled the world is over those two conflict zones.

As the Thai Authorities have stated, they do not have the answers to stop the carnage on their roads, so why not let the WHO step in and offer assistance to reduce this waste of life

23 hours ago, exalll said:

So, in the U.K., 219,000 over a 4 year period, compared with 59,000 over 7 days in Thailand.  About 50 times higher.  That's a big number!

And I bet the level of effort of the police in the U.K. to apprehend drunk drivers is also many times higher than the level of effort in Thailand. 

Let me repeat in case you "overlooked" it.

This is no excuse for Thailand of course, which struggles with a more Maipen rai attitude to traffic issues in general.

22 hours ago, Surasak said:

Your number may be correct, but how many of those caught over the limit killed someone?

How many over the limit caught in Thailand killed someone? 59 000?

Let me repeat in case you "overlooked" it.

This is no excuse for Thailand of course, which struggles with a more Maipen rai attitude to traffic issues in general.

On 1/5/2017 at 3:06 PM, Upnotover said:

WHO reported 24,237 in 2013, so the 7 dangerous days are possibly less so than the rest of the year, but figures likely skewed by differing reporting methods.

Yes and I wouldn't believe any reporting method here.