TAT teaming up with major airlines to promote Thailand

webfact

TAT teaming up with major airlines to promote Thailand
By SUCHAT SRITAMA 
THE NATION 

tat.jpg

TAT governor Yuthasak Supasorn, second right, and top execs from EVA Air sign an MoU to boost arrivals from longhaul markets, especially the United States and Canada. -Nation

BANGKOK: -- THE TOURISM Authority of Thailand (TAT) is teaming up with major international airlines to boost arrivals from long-haul and emerging markets, and since 2015 it has signed memoranda of understanding with four top airlines, namely Etihad, Emirates, Fly Dubai and, as of yesterday, EVA Air.

The agency plans to sign similar pacts with Singapore Airlines and Qatar Airways this quarter and has set aside Bt30 million for each of these year-long agreements. 

Tanes Petsuwan, TAT’s deputy governor for international marketing in Europe, Africa, the Middle East and the Americas, said the agency was cooperating with major airlines because it wanted to widen the market and boost arrivals from places that require more than six hours’ flying time. 

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/business/EconomyAndTourism/30303493

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-01-06

21 minutes ago, stament said:

what benefits will the agreement bring to the consumer, nothing clear from the article or can we expect reduced airfares?

Every time I am in a Thai Airport, I ask myself that very same question.  The Thai Government just repackages Thailand for its own benefit, the good and the bad.  Never known any if their initiatives to be anything other than useless to harmful.  Favorites being: Sims cards for tourists and tracking bracelets.  The duty free in airports is not very interesting.  The services are at best average. 

First,they need to greatly improve the immigration services at the airports,

this is the first problem tourists encounter after they land in Thailand,and

its not a good experience,then they need to improve taxi services,this  is

the first scam they are going to face,and they are not even out of the airport,

regards Worgeordie

1 hour ago, stament said:

what benefits will the agreement bring to the consumer, nothing clear from the article or can we expect reduced airfares?

Without lift (available inbound airline seats) all the promotion in the world is whistling in the wind because a low inventory of seats drives fares too high to be competitive.

1 hour ago, stament said:

:laugh:

The consumer is not even part of the overall equation. You could come here, spend all your money, have a crap time, get mugged and raped, whatever, all is immaterial aside from the spending all your money part. And if you do have a really bad time, mai pen rai, just move along and keep your mouth shut. Ooh, the cynicism!

what happened to the free pokemon go book they were planning to give tourists on arrival ?

my friends visited for the holidays said they were extremely dissapointed to not receive a pokemon go book when they arrived

that was their main reason for visiting, they even bought new phones and brought the kids too

etihad, emirates and eva, mainly bring tourists from europe (typical ferangs)

have they now just realised the swarms of what they call lo-so ferangs that came here and actually spent spent spent while they were here

were helping the thai economy a lot more than they would like to admit

In reality, Thailand biggest problem at the moment is the Baht being falsly propped up against other currencies,

how hard is it to understaqnd if they weaken the baht, tourists will return, and goods will be exported again.

but that would then mean the rich, the wealthy and the elite would have to pay more for luxury goods and overseas properties etc.............

If you think that Bangkok has immigration problems, you should really fly through Beijing

China,  then you can wsee how F*cked up  they are.  It took me nearly an hour, just to fransit from my arrival gate, to the transfer point

1 km away in the terminal. Through the long line of many people doing the same thing, then back through the terminal to the very next gate

where whe started from.  Totally screwed up airport ther in China.  I had a better experience  in Shanghai , but I could not get

my ticket bookled thru that airport.  mki8  I sure agree with you about the Thai baht,  it would be nice to see that reality

happen  but do not hold your breath.

Geezer

Edited by Stargrazer9889
miss spelling of city.

3 hours ago, mki8 said:

what happened to the free pokemon go book they were planning to give tourists on arrival ?

my friends visited for the holidays said they were extremely dissapointed to not receive a pokemon go book when they arrived

that was their main reason for visiting, they even bought new phones and brought the kids too

pokemon was the flavor of the day only. Time has moved on. 

What no TAT lady in the picture. Tourism honcho's would be better off to visit all the major banks and tell them to keep the credit taps flowing wide open. That is all that tourism is built on. If the Fed is believable (which they are not methinks) the credit taps will be slowly closed until the a long overdue recession rears its ugly head. The Feds hope they will have enough "juice" built up by then to ride things out.