After just one successful trip PM gives stamp of approval to Pattaya-Hua Hin ferry

rooster59

2 hours ago, brownknees said:

It looks like it has valises attached near the stern(open up in the water and take quite a few people)so thats a small improvement.I have been to Koh Kood a couple of times and its usually full and all you have are very old"flotation devices"which are NOT lifejackets so no improvment there.Any ferry should have valises that will take the number of people onboard.

Sorry brownknees, I'm not being obtuse here, but can you explain what and how "valises" work? To my knowledge a valise is a small travelling bag. Are you thinking of some kind of flotation device? Just curious.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can see bali hai port from my room.

it left pattaya saturday afternoon at 15 07 presumably for hua hin.

sunday it failed to make the return journey to start the next cycle.

as dark falls it is still not back so i guess the trip from hua hin was either cancelled or aborted due to sea conditions.

2 minutes ago, striderman said:

as dark falls it is still not back so i guess the trip from hua hin was either cancelled or aborted due to sea conditions.

So, perhaps a few or a lot of disapponited Pattaya folk having to stay in a hotel?

2 hours ago, brownknees said:

It looks like it has valises attached near the stern(open up in the water and take quite a few people)so thats a small improvement.I have been to Koh Kood a couple of times and its usually full and all you have are very old"flotation devices"which are NOT lifejackets so no improvment there.Any ferry should have valises that will take the number of people onboard.

jan 6 002 (Custom).JPGjan 6 007 (Custom).JPG

Edited by striderman

28 minutes ago, striderman said:

I wonder if the ships master is a farang.... cancelling a journey due to unfavorable sea states is a refreshing change from the norm.

1 minute ago, striderman said:

as far as those life raft holders are concerned i have seen the ship up close and there are 4 on the starboard side and 3 portside.

7 in total

The portside is not shown... have they installed a retrievable (rescue?) boat there... or nothing?

2 hours ago, striderman said:

Silly boy..... Today was raining in Hua Hin ( well it certainly was in Prachuap).... there's your reason!

7 hours ago, striderman said:

From the other thread on this subject:

"Two ferry services will be available per day. The first one will leave Hua Hin from 8.30 am on a 113-kilometer journey and will take approximately 1 hour and 40 minutes to reach Pattaya. The second trip will leave Pattaya at 3.30 pm for Hua Hin. The ferry can carry a maximum of 150 passengers per trip."

So I guess it will be back about 11.00 in the morning.

Re Valise ,yes its a device that when dropped in the water opens to reveal a liferaft for a certain number of people ,so there should be enough for the number of people on board.There should be the requsite number of LIFEJACKETS,not those crummy floatation devices that most thai rec boats have .

On 1/6/2017 at 7:47 PM, The man from udon said:

What's the big deal here.it a boat that's ok for a lake.for Christs sake you think they had launched the titanic.whens the high speed train coming between bkk and north bkk and back.pathetic muppets.next news item will be shoe shine opens up in mbk.

I think they did :cheesy: