Taxi driver dumps Thai woman on roadside so he can pick up foreign tourists

rooster59

Taxi driver dumps Thai woman on roadside so he can pick up foreign tourists

unnamed.png

BANGKOK:-- A Thai woman claims a she was kicked out a taxi so the driver could pick up a family of foreign tourists.

The woman said she was travelling in the taxi close to Don Muang airport when she was unexpectedly and abruptly told by the driver to get out of the taxi.

As the taxi pulled over to the side of the road, the woman claims the driver said he instead wanted to take a family of foreign tourists who were stood with their luggage on the roadside because he would be able to charge them more.

A video of the incident was uploaded by Facebook user ‎Aommybb Rsiam‎ and shared on the YouLike page where it attracted hundreds of comments.

Many people commenting called for the taxi driver to be disciplined and have his license revoked.

Others called the taxi driver greedy and said he was wrong to dump the Thai woman on the side of the road.

However, one person commenting questioned why the driver picked up the Thai passenger in the first place, especially as it looked like he was driving one of the larger taxis better suited for more passengers.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-07

What kind of taxi is that, it appears to be non-metered by it's sign, is it an out-of-town taxi? ?  All Bangkok taxis have had meters and "Taxi-Meter" signs for many years.    It has an odd colour scheme also.   It's certainly the sort of taxi  that I'd avoid like the plague.

Good man!

He knows you have to pamper tourists, give them good service, be kind to them and of course, they tend to bring in more money.

Perfect.

A satisfied foreigner and a satisfied driver!

Edited by hansnl

2 minutes ago, Geoff Snell said:

Totally agree with you. How does this common Thai rubbish warrant a mention. There are 1000's  of TALLER stories

And yet you read the story and took the time to comment. So, evidently it warranted a mention for you.

8 minutes ago, jobsworth said:

they don't look much like tourists to me, more like NGO's and they have lots of money.

How do you know they have lots of money? Because they walked out to the road to catch a cab and avoid the extra change for a taxi inside the airport?

7 minutes ago, HerbalEd said:

How do you know they have lots of money? Because they walked out to the road to catch a cab and avoid the extra change for a taxi inside the airport?

firstly because NGO's have unlimited funds and secondly because they knew how to do this trick and thirdly because family groups from the west do not travel like that with many male and female members. NGO's are personally poor and so can easily be identified by their scruffy appearance.  But then how did they afford the air fare? They are after all recruited from the homeless shelters of australia and europe.  not their fault but something to be aware of.

2 hours ago, hansnl said:

Good man!

He knows you have to pamper tourists, give them good service, be kind to them and of course, they tend to bring in more money.

Perfect.

Minister Kobkarn would be impressed? :whistling:

Hold on you dissenters, should we not be applauding this chap for demonstrating initiative, a prized rarity here in LoS, to help feed his family. I would not be best chuffed if I were dumped in such a manner but you do have to recognise his initiative was spot on this time!

6 hours ago, jobsworth said:

firstly because NGO's have unlimited funds and secondly because they knew how to do this trick and thirdly because family groups from the west do not travel like that with many male and female members. NGO's are personally poor and so can easily be identified by their scruffy appearance.  But then how did they afford the air fare? They are after all recruited from the homeless shelters of australia and europe.  not their fault but something to be aware of.

We have a screenwriter here!

5 hours ago, oldsailor35 said:

I wonder what those funny white lines are that he is parked on ?

The best I can figure is that they are road paint test strips.  The stripes are painted on the road so that their endurance can be assessed in all types of traffic and road conditions.

See them all over the place and, as far as I can determine, they have no significance as they have zero impact on the flow of traffic.

Edited by Stray

Is this to be expected,  drivers were told they had to take passengers, but were they told that they also have to take them to their desired destination? It certainly is unfair for anyone to be dumped out, likely in a spot that would not suit them, and this driver needs to be punished. That is at last 3 bad taxi driver stories I have read lately and we now have to have a driver returning a bag full of money to a passenger who left it on the seat.

16 hours ago, hansnl said:

Good man!

Perfect.

A dutchman is no different, selling his grandmother for money.:cheesy:

23 hours ago, Daryle said:

Dual pricing now coming home to bite a Thai in the ass, should be the headline here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, it just goes to show you that farangs are treated even better than Thais, so why all the complaining from the expats.