PM threatens end to ‘dialogue’

geovalin

Just as talks are about to resume between the ruling CPP and the opposition CNRP, the prime minister has cast doubt over the future of what has become known as the “culture of dialogue.” During a speech at the CPP headquarters on Saturday to celebrate the 38th anniversary of the liberation of the country from the Khmer Rouge, Mr. Hun Sen said his party was doing its best to work with the opposition, but threatened unnamed groups he says are “disloyal” and attempting to “incite” the population.

“The Cambodian People’s Party continues to faithfully use the culture of dialogue with the party having seats in the National Assembly and Senate based on the principles of democracy and rule of law,” he told the crowd of 20,000. “Disloyalty, slanderous language and incitement that ignites grudges and anger will not be able to keep the life of the culture of dialogue and will only destroy our national integrity.”

Opposition party members were confused about who the statement was directed at and said they were eager to meet with the ruling party at the National Assembly on Wednesday to discuss a variety of issues. “Our party does not regard Khmers as enemies of Khmers at all so we have not insulted them. We respect the culture of dialogue and will meet Mr. Sar Kheng on January 11,” CNRP spokesman Yim Sovann said.

read more http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/34029/pm-threatens-end-to----dialogue---/

khmer_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khmer Times 09/01

I am a strongman. I am a former Khmer Rouge boss. Nobody threatens me, or confronts me, and gets away with it. I crush my political opposition every chance I get. I am a despot. I am not running a democracy. I simply fooled the Western nations, who are weak and obsessed with political correctness, into believing that my country is a democracy. I am a dictator. I love my power. Do not consider ever running against me. I am leader for life! 

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I am a strongman. I am a former Khmer Rouge boss. Nobody threatens me, or confronts me, and gets away with it. I crush my political opposition every chance I get. I am a despot. I am not running a democracy. I simply fooled the Western nations, who are weak and obsessed with political correctness, into believing that my country is a democracy. I am a dictator. I love my power. Do not consider ever running against me. I am leader for life! 

Gave you a like the lonely post on this topic but basically true. Strong men are ruling more and more in Asia under the guise of being politicians. 365 days of Halloween no treats.