Video: Hunt on for foreigners who disrespected Thai flag

webfact

4 hours ago, yogi100 said:

It would seem that the editor and reporters of the Phuket Gazette don't regard the culprits as 'kids' either. They refer to them as men and that is what they appear to be.

Great point!

I then suggest you, if you are ever caught to be breaking the law, even inadvertently, to simply tell the judge and/or the cops, etc., involved with your case, that you are simply following what the PG was suggesting to you, and then see what happen....:clap2:  

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

I am not confused,

I replied to him because he posted a sign which the like has not been seen or allowed in the UK for a very long time whether you or he likes it or not, or more likely dont know about or never heard of the Race Relations Act

I can see no point in going back in history to resurrect such things hence my own delving back in time to emphasize that point

You are confused because you walked into the middle of a conversation, the beginning of which had already been deleted by mods.

Yogi claimed these events never existed in the history of the UK ...I merely posted the photo and the link to the public record to prove him wrong, not just the ancient history which you seem to be claiming over and over, it's already been pointed out to your confused self several times now the wiki link includes the entire history right up until the 21st century.  Why you insist on obsessing over the 19 century I have no idea, I can only think you got that from Yogi's posts and not the actual posted link or anything I've said.

Let me make it really simple for you, unless you are also claiming that these events never happened in the UK then you agree with me not Yogi.

2 hours ago, TSF said:

Happened in Australia a few times too, Muslims pull down the Aussie flag and stamp on it and piss on it. 

These kids might just be victim of their habits, being trained since their early years to hate the country their are living in, with rituals as the one you already mentioned, done by their families, refusing to speak the lingo even if their schools teach to them both languages by law (german and italian).

It must have been the shock of their life, when their action has been taken to account, after countless times doing it, just with some different flags....poor them 

1 hour ago, oldlakey said:

dont know about or never heard of the Race Relations Act

Yes go on and try to explain the details of it to the happy chaps at the EDL, BNP and the rest, you don't need to go back to the 19th century to do that, they are here just now

3 minutes ago, onthesoi said:

You are confused because you walked into the middle of a conversation, the beginning of which had already been deleted by mods.

Yogi claimed these events never existed in the history of the UK ...I merely posted the photo and the link to the public record to prove him wrong, not just the ancient history which you seem to be claiming over and over, it's already been pointed out to your confused self several times now the wiki link includes the entire history right up until the 21st century.  Why you insist on obsessing over the 19 century I have no idea, I can only think you got that from Yogi's posts and not the actual posted link or anything I've said.

Let me make it really simple for you, unless you are also claiming that these events never happened in the UK then you agree with me not Yogi.

Well that explains it all does it not, thank you for that

I have arrived late at the party

Yogi was in the wrong for sure and you are correct

Posts being removed is a hazard, for me in this thread at least

Hopefully no permanent damage done, for when we cross swords again

10 minutes ago, Mangostin said:

Yes go on and try to explain the details of it to the happy chaps at the EDL, BNP and the rest, you don't need to go back to the 19th century to do that, they are here just now

What does UK issues have too do with this topic ?

UK right wing groups and Italians in Asia...........where is the connection ?

13 minutes ago, Mangostin said:

The peelers and the courts sort such things out

9 minutes ago, sanemax said:

A long story as usual on Thaivisa

I have held my hands up to being guilty for missing some deleted posts between other posters

This is in reply to those posts, that I then made I hope this explains the confusion  55555555

Edited by oldlakey

28 minutes ago, sanemax said:

The connection is that some people, first introduces some new elements to the topics when they cannot find anything better to justify a completely wrong statement, and then start accusing the people which have been right since the very beginning, to add some off topics when they have been proved wrong once again (hint hint).....you guys are really amusing, i think that i am going to nominate you all for the next POTY's competition just because of that:cheesy:

3 minutes ago, Mangostin said:

The connection is that some people, first introduces some new elements to the topics when they cannot find anything better to justify a completely wrong statement, and then start accusing the people which have been right since the very beginning, to add some off topics when they have been proved wrong once again (hint hint).....you guys are really amusing, i think that i am going to nominate you all for the next POTY's competition just because of that:cheesy:

Try not to take everything personally, just let it go, its been sorted to my satisfaction anyway, bearing in mind I am the one at fault

After all you are just on the periphery, not that makes you a less valued member  XXX

1 hour ago, Mangostin said:

The BNP hardly exists as a political party any more. It's defunct.

2 hours ago, pumpjack said:

first seen the headline and thought right away  drunken ( brits ). 

anyway,  i agree they should be taught a lesson.   but its really no big deal , 2 drunk idiots.

maybe they were stung at the bar  

You must have been most upset when you discovered your bigotry was without any logical reason. That is the nature of bigotry I'm afraid.

44 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

Try not to take everything personally, just let it go, its been sorted to my satisfaction anyway, bearing in mind I am the one at fault

After all you are just on the periphery, not that makes you a less valued member  XXX

Sorry but, you wrote something that involved me and then pretend that i don't reply to it??? 

I am not offended if that's what you were concerned about, i am actually having fun here, good that you realise you made some mistakes, so, please don't indulge with them....the last part of your post it's a mystery to me

1 minute ago, Mangostin said:

Sorry but, you wrote something that involved me and then pretend that i don't reply to it??? 

I am not offended if that's what you were concerned about, i am actually having fun here, good that you realise you made some mistakes, so, please don't indulge with them....the last part of your post it's a mystery to me

Having fun, really well thats one method of covering your arse I suppose

Post 492 if thats your idea of fun, looks rather like a rant to me

... the last part of your post its a mystery to me

Only the last part, well you do surprise me, I wish I could say the same for yours

Goodnight 

1 hour ago, oldlakey said:

Having fun, really well thats one method of covering your arse I suppose

Post 492 if thats your idea of fun, looks rather like a rant to me

... the last part of your post its a mystery to me

Only the last part, well you do surprise me, I wish I could say the same for yours

Goodnight 

Okay i see you need some help on this too, geez but what's the average age of posters here? 96???

I am having fun at all the nonsense and contradiction i am reading,  from whom supposed to have known better.

I can't say the same about the issues disrupting my day to day living for obvious reasons, whom would like to have problems with things that didn't suppose to have any?

It's not flying rocket science, you just need to try a little harder

so much nastiness on this thread over a 20 and 18 year old who got drunk and did something stupid

ner a word of compassion for their 'frolics' that in the majority of countries would be deemed a minor infringement by a couple lads on a binge for gods sake have some empathy for a moment's silliness 

is it that GREAT a sin?  in the US? UK? France?  any other civilised country?  or would it be treated in context?  PLEASE have some tolerance and balance before you condemn these young lads to the 'Guillotine'   ( note to 'someone' this is not meant literally) 

On 10/01/2017 at 1:49 AM, Mangostin said:

How would a few kids, coming in holiday to this place, probably for their very own first time, be aware of all the laws that constantly keep changing, if even an adult and reasonably informed resident from a long time, find hard to keep pace with???? :blink:

What a load of crap. EVERYONE knows that when you enter a foreign country you do your best to avoid trouble, these two clowns just ran a muk and said they were drunk, pigs ass they were, they could jump and walk very straight.

You obviously have been paying out most on this post about your views on flags, fair enough, but the FACT of the matter is Thailand has laws, either you comply or F off, simple really, don't just sit there and piss and moan and groan about how you would like it to be, your a guest here, as we all are, stop putting the Thai's down, seriously I don't want to hear it !

On 9/1/2017 at 8:18 AM, Uncle Bob said:

I do not own an iPhone or other smartphone.

Nationalism causes war PERIOD. My forefathers fought under a flag to enslave Indonesia and other colonies, not really proud of that...

Anyway, they were stupid to act like that and should pay the damage done. This is not Italy...

In Italy, for the same "crime", they could face a 1 to 3 years holiday in a jail, and a 1000 to 10000 euro fine...

"This is not Italy..." doesn't look so nice to me, but probably this is my fault, being italian...

17 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

What a load of crap.

I know, just try to skip the stuff you write, i am not sure if you could put on "ignore" yourself on this forum, but there is nothing stopping you from giving it a try.

19 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

EVERYONE knows that when you enter a foreign country you do your best to avoid trouble,

Yes but that would be me, these two are only two youngsters trying to have the time of their life, with some almost innocent pranks, plenty of people here that would be ready to put on front of a firing squad ,even some little babies for not singing the national anthems, nevermind if they are not able to talk yet.... 

25 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Thailand has laws, either you comply or F off, simple really, don't just sit there and piss and moan and groan about how you would like it to be, your a guest here, as we all are, stop putting the Thai's down, seriously I don't want to hear it !

Another one with the " i am more thai than the rest"' syndrome....i hope you will get better soon mate, take care :sleepy:

5 minutes ago, Mangostin said:

I know, just try to skip the stuff you write, i am not sure if you could put on "ignore" yourself on this forum, but there is nothing stopping you from giving it a try.

Yes but that would be me, these two are only two youngsters trying to have the time of their life, with some almost innocent pranks, plenty of people here that would be ready to put on front of a firing squad ,even some little babies for not singing the national anthems, nevermind if they are not able to talk yet.... 

Another one with the " i am more thai than the rest"' syndrome....i hope you will get better soon mate, take care :sleepy:

Your funny, NOT.....

Two youngsters only trying to have fun, surely they can do it in their own back yard, and what would be the consequence then, if any.

The only syndrome I suffer from are westerners who come here, drink like there is no tomorrow, can't handle their alcohol and cause trouble, I left my home country to escape from these clowns, but it would appear not so as they're everywhere, how fortunate I am to live in the sticks, but then again you can find the odd one here on TV

On 09/01/2017 at 4:26 AM, chrisinth said:

I will have no sympathy for these two when they are caught and really do hope they do time for this.

For anyone thinking this is a trivial matter, try doing this to your own national flag in your home country.......................;)

Almost not allowed to fly the George Cross in England, its disrespected so much by the establishment and PC lefites, one is deemed a Nazi for flying it.

9 minutes ago, ffaarraanngg said:

Almost not allowed to fly the George Cross in England, its disrespected so much by the establishment and PC lefites, one is deemed a Nazi for flying it.

Unless England are playing in a tournament in Rugby or Football then its ok, Any other time you get accused of being Racist.

A post in violation of fair use policy has been removed. Using Google translate to translate an article and then posting the article is still in violation of fair use policy as the proper permissions have not been used to translate the article for re-posting.

An off topic post has been removed as well. 

1 hour ago, DaveE13 said:

Unless England are playing in a tournament in Rugby or Football then its ok, Any other time you get accused of being Racist.

Quite obviously any England football fan with such a flag is a baby eating Nazi ... though rugby fans are OK to fly the flag!

2 hours ago, DaveE13 said:

you shouldn't let that bother you, the PC brigade have lots of names for those who aren't indoctrinated, it must be like reading from the bible, ''thou shalt not...'' If i was in the UK and was patriotic (which i am not) i would fly whatever flag i wanted let them take me to court. I would fly the EU flag for the fun of it, 'traitor,traitor,....'' 55555

you shouldn't let that bother you, the PC brigade have lots of names for those who aren't indoctrinated, it must be like reading from the bible, ''thou shalt not...'' If i was in the UK and was patriotic (which i am not) i would fly whatever flag i wanted let them take me to court. I would fly the EU flag for the fun of it, 'traitor,traitor,....'' 55555

I was concerned a few years ago about leaving my house empty in the UK. Rather than install expensive burglar alarms I flew the black flag of ISIS. When I returned home there had been no attempted burglaries, Special Branch had my house under 24hr surveillance. Didn't cost me a penny.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

53 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

in Europe we don't get all prissy and delicate about our 'hurting hearts' because someone takes down a flag and if they do so on private property whilst drunk they get a FINE for destroying property which is not theirs. Punishment should fit the Crime.

Might be helpful for some sensitive Thais to eat some of this

HT1K6EKFSdbXXagOFbXW.jpg

Edited by LannaGuy

(ANSA) - Bangkok, January 10 - Two young Italians who were arrested in Thailand for pulling down several national flags and throwing them to the ground this week have been convicted and handed suspended sentences, diplomatic sources said Tuesday.
    Tobias Gamper, 20, and Ian Gerstgrasser, 18, will remain in a cell at a police station in the town of Krabi for the time being, pending deportation, sources said.
    The punishments handed down on Tuesday will be made public only on Wednesday but suspended sentences are not possible with prison terms of over two years. 

http://www.ansa.it/english/news/2017/01/10/flag-pulling-italians-convicted-to-be-ejected-from-thailand_3d46209b-34d6-496e-99d1-0289f7f5f075.html

Edited by metisdead
Edited as per fair use policy.