Death of British woman on Phuket’s Muay Thai street confirmed as suicide

webfact

Death of British woman on Phuket’s Muay Thai street confirmed as suicide

Yutthawat Lekmak

1483939477_1-org.jpg

Police question people outside the room where the body of Ms Brown was found. Photo: Phuket Raumjai Rescue Foundation

PHUKET: -- Police have today (Jan 9) confirmed that the death of the 26-year-old British woman found dead in a room on Phuket’s famed Muay Thai street, Soi Ta-iad in Chalong on Saturday morning (Jan 7) was caused by suicide.

On Saturday morning, Lt Somkiet Sarasit, an inspector from Chalong Police Station, told The Phuket News that he had received information that a British woman had been found dead earlier that morning when her partner discovered her body.

However, at that time he was dealing with another incident but said that he would deal with the death as soon as he become available.

Today, Lt Somkiet confirmed to The Phuket News that CCTV footage showed that the woman, 26-year-old Abigail Louise Brown from Plymouth, England, returned alone to her room on Soi Ta-iad at 3:20am on Saturday morning.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/death-of-british-woman-on-phuket-muay-thai-street-confirmed-as-suicide-60556.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-01-09

Did you see the TV headlines on Saturday?  British woman found dead, an American tourist 'falls' to death and RTP unsure about how a French tourist died! There were 4 headlines the fourth was about a Taxi driver dumping a Thai person to pick up some foreigners (obviously more lucrative I guess but off topic).

Is it just me or are these 'suicides' and 'falls' becoming more common - I mean 3 in one day!

2 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

Are there more foreigners suicides here or just me thinking way to many TIT

1 hour ago, PomPolo said:

Did you see the TV headlines on Saturday?  British woman found dead, an American tourist 'falls' to death and RTP unsure about how a French tourist died! There were 4 headlines the fourth was about a Taxi driver dumping a Thai person to pick up some foreigners (obviously more lucrative I guess but off topic).

Is it just me or are these 'suicides' and 'falls' becoming more common - I mean 3 in one day!

It's just you two.

On Saturday morning, Lt Somkiet Sarasit, an inspector from Chalong Police Station, told The Phuket News that he had received information that a British woman had been found dead earlier that morning when her partner discovered her body.

However, at that time he was dealing with another incident but said that he would deal with the death as soon as he become available.

Wooooooooooooeaaaaaaaah

Partner??????? eeeeh wait a minute im busy doing a Thai ......

Noooooo i didnt do it

I don't know if I really trust the autopsies here. I went for a medical examination after my driving test as a requirement to get my thai drivers license and the doctor said, HI" and signed the paper after no examination at all. You would think this is an important test a lot of unanswered what ifs'? Makes me question medical examiners for an autopsy,  what kind of quality here. I know most all the doctor visits, care, blood tests even minor surgeries etc. have been very decent and inexpensive in this country.

1 hour ago, Falcon said:

Let's all be honest, who here thought that it would be anything but a suicide? Foregone conclusion really as all foreigners dying here in Thailand are. 

Suicide unless clearly not obvious by physical observation of the outside of the body.  That's a wrap

Archived