Advice needed on buying house

I as a farang have lived in Pattaya many years, rent condo. I am retired with usual visa. Romantically involved with a Thai now 4 years. I am thinking of buying a house and land to see out the rest of my life. Before I make a purchase I need some advice. I will of course later consult a proper lawyer.

But from my preliminary research seems the way to go is for the house/land to be in  the name of my Thai faan with a lease to me for 30 years.

I do not really think buying via a company is the route to go for me.

The finance for the house which I will buy outright comes from funds of mine from abroad.

What I want to know is such an arrangement fully legal or not?

What if I die before the Thai, or vice versa?

Can something be written into the agreement which protects me if my relationship goes wrong?

Any other factors I need to consider?

I realize that these questions asked many times before, but maybe laws or practices have changed, so I would greatly appreciate any input.

Thank u so much in advance!

You can get a usefruct or a long term lease but this is Thailand and enforcing your rights is  going to be difficult, if not impossible

Look at it from what -if- it- all- goes- wrong perspective !  Sure you legally have the right to control access but will you be able to handle your Thai faan if she decides that you are not worthy to occupy the same space as she does ?

I have never heard of "the law" kicking anyone out of their company owned house but the number of farangs that can't enforce their contracts is regularly reported here at Thai Visa and is one of the major mantras here; don't invest more in Thailand than you can afford to loose 

Edited by Langsuan Man