Sharing taxi from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Pattaya

EvenSteven

I've got a  flight coming in late at night, so I can't catch the bus into Pattaya, which I usually do.  I'm thinking of trying to connect with another traveler, around the taxi waiting area on the lower level, who is also going to Pattaya to share the cost of a taxi in.  Has anyone tried this, and if so, what kind of luck have you had?

Edited by EvenSteven

7 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Make a large sign requesting same and stand near the Taxi area.  

And a legion of taxi touts will stick to you :tongue:

I like the idea as such though.

I was thinking the same in the past but had not idea how to handle.

9 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

And a legion of taxi touts will stick to you :tongue:

I like the idea as such though.

I was thinking the same in the past but had not idea how to handle.

:)  They could.  Those machines that spit out the numbers are quite a bit away from the taxis now.  A sign or just ask people in line if they want to share.  At least try for 15 minutes or so if not, probably bite the bullet.  Just plan one less night out.

15 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

:)  They could.  Those machines that spit out the numbers are quite a bit away from the taxis now.  A sign or just ask people in line if they want to share.  At least try for 15 minutes or so if not, probably bite the bullet.  Just plan one less night out.

Taxi is 1500 so he's going to save 750 baht.... hardly constitutes a night out !!...

along with the risk of sharing with a complete bore/ BS artist... bad enough listening to half people you meet here when you're pissed up in  bar but sharing a hour plus taxi ride with them after a long haul flight ... no thanks !

7 minutes ago, William Osborne said:

Taxi is 1500 so he's going to save 750 baht.... hardly constitutes a night out !!...

along with the risk of sharing with a complete bore/ BS artist... bad enough listening to half people you meet here when you're pissed up in  bar but sharing a hour plus taxi ride with them after a long haul flight ... no thanks !

he could try THUMBING.