Combo ( pension + account ) not possible anymore ?

Hello, this morning I came to Prachinburi immigration office, and I asked the officer if I could have the combo solution like I did in Hua hin before; I explained with figures what I did before ( 600000 bahts and 200000 bahts ) , he said no, there is a new law and he gave me a paper , only in Thai; I can read Thai and I translate a part of it ( the 3.3 part confuses me )

3.1 don't have less than 65000 bahts a month  ( ( known already ) or

3.2  have not less than 800000 bahts ( first year  60 days in advance and for the second year 90 days in advance  ( known already )

3.3 proof that the 3.1 and 3.2 together don't make less tha 60000 bahts a month

4 in case there is also the wife's name in the bank account,   bring the tabian ban and ID of wife ( I thought it was only the farang account, not wife )

5  -in case of rented house, bring contract , ID and tabian ban ( blue I guess ) of owner

- in case of own house or wife's house, bring tabian ban and ID card of wife

what does the 3.3 chapter means ? very confusing, if I have a total figure of 6000000 and 200000 bahts, I have 666666 bahts a month ; why he said No ?

And for me 3.1 and 3.2 are independant, why to speak of mix together ( rouam kan in Thai )

I have the document with me , I can show it here, but how can I do it ? Is it a real new law or only in Prachinburi ( the guy had many of them on his desk ) ?

thanks  ( I can have the 800000 bahts but I prefer the combo solution )

There has been no change to the police order.

From clause 2.22 ot  Police Order 327/2557  basis for extension of stay. And in Thai here. 

Police Order 327/2557  Thai text.

(3) Must have evidence of having income of no less than Baht 65,000 per month: or
(4) On the filing date, the applicant must have funds deposited in a bank in
Thailand of no less than Baht 800,000 for the past three months. For the first year only,
the applicant must have proof of a deposit account in which said amount of funds has
been maintained for no less than 60 days prior to the filing date: or
(5) Must have an annual earning and funds deposited with a bank totaling no less
than Baht 800,0000 as of the filing date.

Not sure where they came up with what you posted. None of it really makes any sense.

Joint accounts are not normally accepted. If they do accept one they want 1.6 million in the account.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aforek said:

here is the text, where does it come from, and because it's from my immigration, I have to obey I suppose

OA- extension of stay.pdf

I have no idea where it came from since it says nothing about that.

3.3 is wrong and is perhaps a typo that they missed.

Show them clause 2.22 of the police order. That is rules they must use and follow. If they insist on using what they gave you call 1111 for help

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Show them clause 2.22 of the police order. That is rules they must use and follow. If they insist on using what they gave you call 1111 for help

true, 3.3  means nothing ; I  shall  print clause 2.22 2 and show them  . I don't know where this text comes from

Their figures don't make sense to me either. A combination of income and deposit should come to 66.666 per month if it is to equal 800,00 baht as a monthly income.
if you have 600,000 in deposit you have 5000 per month, you just need to add your income to that.
You could copy out the notice and post it in the langauage forum as a translation exercise it looks confusing.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

27 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No  That only gives a total of 780k baht. The rules state money in the bank and income must total at least 800k baht.

Well OK, but the O/P's quote says Baht 60,000 a month, which would be even less in total.

4 hours ago, Aforek said:

3.3 proof that the 3.1 and 3.2 together don't make less tha 60000 bahts a month

55 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

Well OK, but the O/P's quote says Baht 60,000 a month, which would be even less in total.

It's not me who says it, it's the 3.3 chapter, which for me is completely wrong

and , first subject of my thread, where is the combinaison ? as I told above, the officer had many papers like this one on his desk ; and why not in English, we are concerned

ok , I put the text in the forum language, only the 3.3 is very confusing

49 minutes ago, Aforek said:

It's not me who says it, it's the 3.3 chapter, which for me is completely wrong

and , first subject of my thread, where is the combinaison ? as I told above, the officer had many papers like this one on his desk ; and why not in English, we are concerned

ok , I put the text in the forum language, only the 3.3 is very confusing

Yes, I agree the error is with the paper given you. I was simply commenting that the Baht 60,000 per month they state was below both the Baht 65,000 per month in line 3.1 or the annual amount of Baht 800,000 in part 3.2. So, in addition to the statement seeming to be at odds with the current rules & regulations, it seems to be using some pretty shaky mathematics.

The baht 60,000 per month they state would fall short of either the income of Baht 65,000 per month or the total of Baht 800,000 per year, which would require an average of at least Baht 66,667 per month.

And once again I feel lucky that I use the Jomtien office where I have been spared (so far) having to deal with the idiosyncratic interpretation & application of immigrations rules often cited by those using other offices.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

And once again I feel lucky that I use the Jomtien office where I have been spared (so far) having to deal with the idiosyncratic interpretation & application of immigrations rules often cited by those using other offices.

+1

21 hours ago, Aforek said:

proof that the 3.1 and 3.2 together don't make less tha 60000 bahts a month

This is just a double-negative and a typo. Par for the course when it comes to Thais and documents, in my experience.

Properly written it should read "together make more than 60,000B/month", which only leaves the typo.

From the Thai language forum we have come to the conclusion that it makes perfect sense. The sums involved are much more than a person needs so from that point of view they are arbitary. A combination of income and cash in hand is more cash momently than a limited amount.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

A bit difficult trying to discuss something with a Thai who already has their mind made up.
But maybe they understand the rules by not explaining things correctly. Has your bank funds been in your account for the required 3 months ? Are there any other items that may be in question that immigration is being confused about ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I have a friend, who wants to retire here so for the first year does he have to have B800k in the bank during that year.  He is also in receipt of a pension (yearly amount) of B500k, so in the second year, if he reduced the amount in savings to B500k, and combined that with his pension, is that sufficient to be able to seek an extension of stay, given that the total is B1m, which averages out at about B83,333 per month.

13 minutes ago, Si Thea01 said:

I have a friend, who wants to retire here so for the first year does he have to have B800k in the bank during that year.  He is also in receipt of a pension (yearly amount) of B500k, so in the second year, if he reduced the amount in savings to B500k, and combined that with his pension, is that sufficient to be able to seek an extension of stay, given that the total is B1m, which averages out at about B83,333 per month.

That is more than sufficient. It only needs to be a total of the 2 equal to 800k baht on the date of application.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Si Thea01 said:

The 800k only needs to be in the bank for 60 days prior to applying,1st time.Then 90 days prior every extention after.Can drop to zero after you get visa/extention.

2 hours ago, tgeezer said:

Our relationship with Immigration is like England's relationship with the EU. They make rules which we slavishly follow and they don't care. In this case Aforek has been offered favorable terms and he refuses them!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Who tells you I refused them ? it's the officer, when I gave him an example with figures ( 600000 pension and 200000 bahts in the account )  who said not possible , and he showed me the paper that he didn't understood himself ...

he stayed in the idea that I must have 60000 a month  , he didn't understand the  principle of combinaison

next time I come to see him with the 2.22 article and explain myself because he is nice but confused

It's a new office, with very few farangs, and maybe they have not yet seen combinaison case

combinaison, I know it already for 6 years , somewhere else

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is more than sufficient. It only needs to be a total of the 2 equal to 800k baht on the date of application.

They do not always stick to that.

When I did my extension not long after the referendum my income had dropped to just under the 60K mark, equated to about 720K on the day. I went to the bank and got a letter for my savings account which showed a balance of at least 150K over the last 3 months, most of the time higher. There was a bit of a discussion with the office supervisor over the savings account and the IO came back and said they would grant the extension but not to come back next year unless the account showed at least 200K for over 3 months.

Not going to worry about it, will get an Non O instead.

4 hours ago, sandyf said:

They do not always stick to that.

When I did my extension not long after the referendum my income had dropped to just under the 60K mark, equated to about 720K on the day. I went to the bank and got a letter for my savings account which showed a balance of at least 150K over the last 3 months, most of the time higher. There was a bit of a discussion with the office supervisor over the savings account and the IO came back and said they would grant the extension but not to come back next year unless the account showed at least 200K for over 3 months.

Not going to worry about it, will get an Non O instead.

I understand what you are saying about you income but what I was asking was a little different to your situation. My friend has the required amount of B800k and a pension of B500k but was looking to reduce the bank balance in the second year to B500k which, when combined with the pension equates to B1m.  Half and half, cash and income.  He will find out when the times comes.:wai: