Phuket Tesco, Big C report no impact of floods on supply lines

snoop1130

Phuket Tesco, Big C report no impact of floods on supply lines

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1484039916_1-org.jpg

The major Tesco-Lotus, Big C and Makro stores in Phuket all report that the deadly floods across southern Thailand have not yet affected product supply to the island. Photo: The Phuket News / file

PHUKET:-- Major retailers in Phuket are reporting only minimal effects on deliveries of fresh produce and products to the island in the wake of the deadly floods that have wreaked havoc throughout Southern Thailand.

Kamonthip Panthawong, Manager of Condiments and Fresh Produce for Tesco in Thalang, in central Phuket, said she foresaw no immediate threats to product supply lines that stock shop shelves across the island.

“So far we predict no affect on product supply to Phuket,” Ms Kamonthip told The Phuket News today (Jan 10).

“Right now we have enough in stock to meet immediate demand, and we have a supply depot in Surat Thani that has not been affected by the floods,” she said.

“We should be fine until the floodwaters have drained,” Ms Kamonthip added.

Rachain Binsaeng, Manager Fresh Produce for Big C for Phuket, however, pointed out that his firm was taking precautionary steps in case supplies faltered.
“For now, all our smaller stores still have stock, but the bulk of our our produce comes from Bangkok,” Mr Rachain explained.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-tesco-big-c-report-no-impact-of-floods-on-supply-lines-60573.php#uj9QZBTBmHc4lBlO.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-1-10

I don't understand these 2 posts. They are informing us everything is available as usual, and I must say, I have not seen any shortages and was able to buy what I wanted in the first shop I entered. What are you on about?