New Pick up Truck

jimmyyy

So far I have bought a 2012, 2014, and 2017 Chevrolet Colorados.  First two were 2.8 liter and the 2017 is 2.5 liter.  All were 4 door as I learned the hard way a long time ago that any other configuration just did not work for me.  The 2012 was a manual two wheel drive and was recently traded for the 2017.  The 2014 has selectable 4 wheel drive, and a selectable manual/automatic shift.  The 2017 is a 2.5 liter and has all the go power I need.  It  also has the selectable shift feature.  My 2014 and 2017 both have cruise control that I use a lot .  Have been happy with all respects with these vehicles and the after sales service at Chevrolet Pattaya.  The Colorado's, all but the most expensive models are well near or within your price range.  Some price dickering is possible and you can always ask for (and maybe get) more than the usual 'free' add ons.  I will say that the Colorado except for the top models do not come with a GPS system that can be set to talk in English or have maps that are in English.  One dealer (Rayong) told me this was only a software update and could be done easily but the factory confirmed this was not available.  That dealer even called me back to say this was no problem to do.  Also check about the availability of a CD/DVD player if that is important tp you.  Some things are easy to overlook when shopping.    

To the responder who set his cruise to 130 and then bumped up to 160, you can wait for your ticket to come in the mail.  My wife and many others in the Ban Chang/Pattaya area found out how well the radar cameras are working.  

I have a BT50 (manual) and its a great car, good on fuel. The reverse camera is handy for parking. It is pretty much the same as the Ford Ranger, the workshop manual I have is for both Ford and Mazda.

I also have the BT50 4x4 in Oz, and that is a brilliant beast.

2 hours ago, Don Mega said:

You need to buy a new tape measure me thinks, A quick google search suggests  the dims for Ranger vs Revo (double cabs) is.

Ranger

5351mm long; 1850mm wide; 1848mm high

Revo

5330mm long; 1855mm wide; 1815mm high

Yes sorry about that, when I compared cars i used a site http://www.siamnewcar.com/ which doesn't list the Revo among the Toyota assortments, only the Vigo, just checked the site now and they still doesn't have the Revo, a bit outdated apparently with regards to Toyota, for the Ford it is updated. Not sure the Revo was available when I bought my Ranger a few months back....

i pick up my new revo tomorrow,i was going to buy a ranger but decided to go for reliability and service,i walked out of fords pattaya last week in disgust at thier service department.went to buy a oil filter and they asked me if i had an appointment?,then after id waited nearly two hours i left without it nobody seemed to understand english.

2 minutes ago, black fox said:

i pick up my new revo tomorrow,i was going to buy a ranger but decided to go for reliability and service,i walked out of fords pattaya last week in disgust at thier service department.went to buy a oil filter and they asked me if i had an appointment?,then after id waited nearly two hours i left without it nobody seemed to understand english.

Please post your thoughts on the ride in the future...

7 hours ago, black fox said:

I've bought all sorts of bits for tarting up my Ranger from Ford Pattaya; a headlight, a fog light, the fake side vents and turn indicators, driver-side grab handle (not standard and consisted of about 8 parts), underseat storage bin lids (no longer standard option) and will admit that you need a bit of luck on finding who to speak to, then you need the patience of Job. However, I had all the part numbers (from the internet) before I went shopping and I got all the bits I needed and they were very good at calling when parts had arrived. The longest I waited was about 8 days for the fog light that according to the box labeling, came from Ford Belgium.

Someone else commented on Ford parts delays but they do have a 24-hour parts promise that mostly works in Pattaya and Udon but may be a bit challenged in the boonies and islands. Toyota does have the service availability side sewn up by sheer volume of locations and their reliability appears better but that could also be due to their bigger market share. Pretty sure they have a few lemons, it's just they get lost in the static.

4 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I've bought all sorts of bits for tarting up my Ranger from Ford Pattaya; a headlight, a fog light, the fake side vents and turn indicators, driver-side grab handle (not standard and consisted of about 8 parts), underseat storage bin lids (no longer standard option) and will admit that you need a bit of luck on finding who to speak to, then you need the patience of Job. However, I had all the part numbers (from the internet) before I went shopping and I got all the bits I needed and they were very good at calling when parts had arrived. The longest I waited was about 8 days for the fog light that according to the box labeling, came from Ford Belgium.

Someone else commented on Ford parts delays but they do have a 24-hour parts promise that mostly works in Pattaya and Udon but may be a bit challenged in the boonies and islands. Toyota does have the service availability side sewn up by sheer volume of locations and their reliability appears better but that could also be due to their bigger market share. Pretty sure they have a few lemons, it's just they get lost in the static.

Every ride on the planet will have a Lemon...

Why a Manual?  do you plan on doing all the driving or does your wife operate a manual too? The way they drink here I suggest getting a Auto especially for your wife?

My wife prefers a manual over an automatic as do I. Not all Thais need a spare hand to play with their phone while driving (just most).

Sent from my R2D2 using my C3P0 manservant

10 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

My wife prefers a manual over an automatic as do I. Not all Thais need a spare hand to play with their phone while driving (just most).

Sent from my R2D2 using my C3P0 manservant

I like to relax whilst driving and not be continually fluffing around with a stick, especially in heavy traffic conditions, plus as yet I have never driven a pickup here with a decent gear shift..But each to their own I suppose....

On 1/14/2017 at 9:32 AM, transam said:

I like to relax whilst driving and not be continually fluffing around with a stick, especially in heavy traffic conditions, plus as yet I have never driven a pickup here with a decent gear shift..But each to their own I suppose....

If I lived in a city and had to put up with heavy traffic, I'd no doubt have bought an automatic. I had to order my truck in order to get a standard transmission. Living out in the boonies makes a standard a better choice. Rutted mud roads and mountains makes a gear box pretty handy. The last truck I had was also a manual. I had 150,000 kilometers on it and it still had the original brakes. I mention that because I use the gears going up as well as down the mountains. Just a little above Idle in low gear on the mud farm roads makes it easier to creep along and avoid the worst potholes and ruts.

7 hours ago, Gary A said:

If I lived in a city and had to put up with heavy traffic, I'd no doubt have bought an automatic. I had to order my truck in order to get a standard transmission. Living out in the boonies makes a standard a better choice. Rutted mud roads and mountains makes a gear box pretty handy. The last truck I had was also a manual. I had 150,000 kilometers on it and it still had the original brakes. I mention that because I use the gears going up as well as down the mountains. Just a little above Idle in low gear on the mud farm roads makes it easier to creep along and avoid the worst potholes and ruts.

Can do the same thing with Tiptronic.

3 hours ago, giddyup said:

Can do the same thing with Tiptronic.

My car, Ford Focus, has that type of automatic transmission but I still prefer a manual transmission. My wife wanted a car with an automatic. At that time she didn't know how to drive. I insisted that she learn to drive with the Toyota 4X4 manual. I reasoned that if she could drive that bucket of bolts, she could drive anything. After she had her license, I bought her the car. At that time I had a Nissan Frontier manual. She drove that much more than the car. My latest truck is an Isuzu V Cross manual. She now drives the car most of the time because she says the Isuzu is too big.