Watching Coronation Street/ITV Catchup in Thailand - Android Boxes and PCs

vanbrit548

What is the best way to get ITV catchup in Thailand. I used to be able to watch it on the ITV HUB using HOLA on my set top Android box but now it keeps giving me an error. I have also tried a few VPN packages such as Tunnelbear to change my IP Address to the UK but ITV Hub seems to be clever enough to recognise that I am not in the UK. Any Suggestions please? It is not working on my Android box nor on my Windows PC.

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Get on filmon, click uk4gtv.

I watched corrie yesterday.

Yes, its the best option and they give you 1 hour free recording time to record what you like, and they also offer a subscription service, where you can pay 180baht a month and get another 3 hours of recording time. You can pre-record all your favourite programs and watch at your own convenience. If 4 hours (3+1) is not enough you can buy more hours.

Coronation street was on my list of reasons for moving to Thailand, my most hated program with diabolical acting, but then again any of the Thai tv programs makes Corrie look like a classy star studied Hollywood block buster.

When you turn on Tunnel bear, wait for a minute or two to settle before you open ITV Hub. I've had no problems with either.

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Try Browsec  a free and paid for VPN,also Hoxx VPN,

i think you also have to give a UK, post code, and 

create an account, I use these on Windows mini PC

and works ok.

regards worgeordie

well mate i have got a box which i bought for 5.000 bht i can see every thing any time day or night all sky sports 30.000 films all bbc itv the lot all around the world.

48 minutes ago, hutchings1963 said:

well mate i have got a box which i bought for 5.000 bht i can see every thing any time day or night all sky sports 30.000 films all bbc itv the lot all around the world.

Including ITV catch up ,which is what the OP, what's ,

you could buy a 2500 THb box and have the same set

up as you have,so nothing special,mate

regards worgeordie

I use Astrill VPN and it works well. Also works for non-Thai Netflix as it uses a number of servers and Netflix can't keep up.

I've found all the free VPNs I've tried give a very restricted bandwidth hence too much buffering rendering ITV Hub and BBC player unwatchable.

I'm about to try iviewhd (NOT ilikehd), which you need a box for but which allows catch-up. There is also a free service (although they say they are testing it so they will probably charge later) which has all the UK Freeview channels with what appears to be 36 hour catch-up available (see the bottom of the screen print). I tried the catch-up with a movie but it had directors commentary through it. Weird.

You need to download an exe file which always sets alarm bells ringing, but I trusted my antivirus software and there has been no problem. Great service, no buffering either as there is a five minute time delay - at least on the news channels I watch. I have no problem with that. The file is UKTVSetup.exe.

UKTV.jpg

Edited by Bangkok Barry

2 hours ago, dotpoom said:

TMN Cable TV has ITV.

Phuket Cable also has ITV Choice (coming from Astro in Malaysia I think). But several days ago there was scrolling message across the screen saying that the channel was ending on 16 Jan, but not seen the message again in the last 2 days so not sure if its going to go or not?

Coronation street? My god! to come 8000 miles and watch Coronation street.Is Elsie Tanner still married to Len Fairclough? and does Ken and Dierdre still live at number 6?Is it still on every Monday and Wednesday?I could think of a million other things to watch,and East Enders is not included.If you have any female members in your household,what do they make of it? Do they think that all felangs live in streets like that,and speak like that.And "go t'Rovers for a pint,like?" Or are they all avid member's after your explanation of the scenario and your translation of the Northern Tongue.And have you taught them to say"by eck"

5 hours ago, vogie said:

Yes, its the best option and they give you 1 hour free recording time to record what you like, and they also offer a subscription service, where you can pay 180baht a month and get another 3 hours of recording time. You can pre-record all your favourite programs and watch at your own convenience. If 4 hours (3+1) is not enough you can buy more hours.

I agree with all comments regarding FilmOn.com - very good value for all U.K. Stations plus a host of others. What has not been mentioned is that, when purchasing recording time (I take 11 hrs a month for I think $6) once a programme is watched and deleted, your 'time' goes back and starts again i.e. 11 hrs gives me about 40.

3 minutes ago, KC 71 said:

Mobdro is good
I cant figure kodi out
Too complicated for a simpleton like me !

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Took me a while but if you google top ten add ons for kodi it explains how to install them in easy non confusing language. Then after that it gets easier and the variety on there is great.

1 hour ago, KC 71 said:

Mobdro is good
I cant figure kodi out
Too complicated for a simpleton like me !

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Check out tvaddons.ag its KODI, but a lot of the channels are pre installed,you have to do nothing,

then when you learn you can add more,

regards worgeordie

3 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Coronation street? My god! to come 8000 miles and watch Coronation street.Is Elsie Tanner still married to Len Fairclough? and does Ken and Dierdre still live at number 6?Is it still on every Monday and Wednesday?I could think of a million other things to watch,and East Enders is not included.If you have any female members in your household,what do they make of it? Do they think that all felangs live in streets like that,and speak like that.And "go t'Rovers for a pint,like?" Or are they all avid member's after your explanation of the scenario and your translation of the Northern Tongue.And have you taught them to say"by eck"

Wow....you know a lot more about the doings of Cornation Street than I do .........respect !

9 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Opal likes watching Coronation Street over here in NZ, although it is around 8 months behind the UK.
Perhaps to get a better understanding of my Northern traits :smile:

I think the vast appeal to the programs success is many peoples ability to relate to a vast array of characters portrayed and the situations that develop.

Perhaps at times, a two up two down on a cobbled street has many a scenario replicated in a close knit rural Muban.

If mother was alive "by eck " would be surfacing after a glass of wine or two.

Len and Elsie never tied the knot but had affairs until he married Rita, and Deidre carked it in 2015:violin:

18 hours ago, hutchings1963 said:

Can you give details please. Name of box, where to buy.

2 hours ago, hugh2121 said:

Can you give details please. Name of box, where to buy.

Take care when buying a box now. Kodi 17 requires Android 5.0 or higher.

Some sellers will try to push boxes(Old stock) to you that only support Android 4.4 and Kodi 17 will not work on this version of Android.

Let Google and Youtube be your friend as there is good information there.

There are places that sell fully loaded boxes in both Bangkok and Pattaya but again ensure you get a box with Android version 5.0 or higher.

Boxes are not that difficult to load yourself if you do some research.

Pm me if you need any assistance.