Requirements for 90 Day Report relaxed??

Previously, when filing my 90 Day Report in Pattaya, I have had to have copies of every used page in my passport. Today, I was informed that all I needed was my passport and the receipt for the previous report. I got the copies anyway, just to be on the safe side, but when I went to the desk, all they wanted was the passport. I had assumed that the requirement for copies of the passport pages was to keep the copy service in business, but this would indicate that this is not the case. Any thoughts??

9 hours ago, muffy said:

Should do the same for mail in (no copies ) .

No it  is not since you are not in an office to show your passport.

You need copies of passport photo page, visa, last extension stamp, most recent entry stamp, TM6 departure and current report receipt. Also a completed TM47 form.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No it  is not since you are not in an office to show your passport.

You need copies of passport photo page, visa, last extension stamp, most recent entry stamp, TM6 departure and current report receipt. Also a completed TM47 form.

I was told by the IO officer that copies were NOT needed, and that a TM47 form was only needed for the  first 90 day report. Another example of "idiosyncratic" interpretations of rules, varying by the individual office? The officer swiped the bar code and gave me a date for my next report and I was through. All previous 90 day reports required copies. One of the officers at the Jomtien office actually owns one of the copy shops. This was the first time I was ever told that I did not need copies.

6 minutes ago, Chip Allen said:

I was told by the IO officer that copies were NOT needed, and that a TM47 form was only needed for the  first 90 day report. Another example of "idiosyncratic" interpretations of rules, varying by the individual office? The officer swiped the bar code and gave me a date for my next report and I was through. All previous 90 day reports required copies. One of the officers at the Jomtien office actually owns one of the copy shops. This was the first time I was ever told that I did not need copies.

Did you read the quoted post I was replying to.

It was about mailed in reports.

There has been some small change on virtually every visit to immigration in the last two years. I have gotten conflicting answers from various personnel at the same office. I am still amazed that there is no database. Is this a part of the "full employment" initiative? I literally never know what may change with each subsequent visit. Jomtien seems to be the most reasonable office from what I read on various fora. I would like to move to Bangkok, but I don't want any problems with Immigration. They make it confusing enough as it is. This visit was the first time that a change has ever been in my favor. They must have been told that they were wasting paper. :smile:

On my first visit to do an extension in 2008 I was told they did not really do extensions there and to go to Suan Phlu, out side my district. They had a sign outside the office advertising extensions and gave me the form to fill in!, sometimes you just have to sigh and walk off.

Edited by thai3
  • Like 1