Ebay

farang1979

I'm thinking of selling a goods I've bought in Thailand to the UK. I'm just wondering (aside from postage costs) if there would be any import or export duties to pay at either end? Sometimes when I've picked things up at the post office in Thailand I've had to pay a nominal amount to collect the goods. I'm just wondering what the situation would be if it was going to the uk. Not sure about size or quantity yet however it wouldn't be a grand scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

We have shipped Ebay sales    from BKK to the UK  ,

When  the package gets to the UK it can have duty added but if it is low value probably will not ,

the problem is that shipping is expensive , and the cheap shipping takes takes a month or more by sea

So we ship  SAL , it is limited to smaller items ( I think 2KG max) and goes most of the way by Air

it also has tracking which is almost useless but better than nothing ,

and send it registered.

Others say they have not had any problems , but we have lost a few things that just vanished and the Thai Post office was no help,

You have to bring ID ,  and I am sure if you ship  too many things  there will be trouble , so have a Thai do it for you.

Good luck and I hope you found a product that others are not selling  and cannot copy you :)

OHHH I forgot , its small packet SAL ,

Go on Thai Post website ,  check how much it costs for 1 KG package to the UK  and read all the way down the list ,

If you are at BKK airport there is a good Post Office in the right rear corner of departures and they seem to know shipping well

often the local small post office will not know what to do ,  and may refuse to send it even when you show them.....

I will PM you a tracking number so you can see how it works

Also watch  your pennies..........Ebay gets 10% , paypal 3-4% , and a very bad exchange rate ,  you also pay the 10% on shipping ,

if you are going to mail them SAL small package  it can take up to 4 weeks depending on customs ,  you need to put that in LARGE letters in your Ebay listing ,  Also take a photo of the package with postage on it ,  and of the shipping label.

Also your listing is going to get lost in the millions of other listings , so make sure you start it  at 6-7pm  UK time so it starts and finishs when people might be on-line

• 1 month later...

Check an eBay member called Gaur bull or just type into eBay UK crocodile wallet for a decent product that does pretty well sales wise and can be picked up for less than 200 baht at chatuchak and sold in eu for £35+++ 

17 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Check an eBay member called Gaur bull or just type into eBay UK crocodile wallet for a decent product that does pretty well sales wise and can be picked up for less than 200 baht at chatuchak and sold in eu for £35+++ 

Not any more.  The market will become saturated once it shows up on the radar.  Which it just did...

26 minutes ago, impulse said:

Not any more.  The market will become saturated once it shows up on the radar.  Which it just did...

Lol and yet eBay is simply one 3rd party platform. In Holland, Sweden,Germany and a lot of other EU countries they have alternatives to eBay which locally, are as buoyant.

Archived