Woman, 58, fighting for her life after being hit by tour bus

webfact

Woman, 58, fighting for her life after being hit by tour bus

4p.jpg

Picture: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- A 58 year old woman is in hospital fighting for her life after she was hit by a Songkhla to Phuket tour bus last night in Pangnga.

Kanya, from Mukdaharn was rushed to hospital after being hit on a bend in the Pangnga - Takua Thung road. Medics had to perform CPR twice.

The driver of the tour bus named as Chusin, 40, said that he saw the pedestrian and sounded his horn but she turned and passed in front of his vehicle and he was unable to brake in time.

Passengers on the bus were picked up by another vehicle and taken to their destination in Phuket.

Police are investigating.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-12

"... sounded his horn but she turned and passed in front of his vehicle and he was unable to brake in time"

This happened to me so many times when crossing a street in Bangkok actually using the pedestrian crossing. Cars will just honk and/or flash their headlights and if you don't manage to get out of the way in time ... well you're screwed.

26 minutes ago, saigonsunset said:

"... sounded his horn but she turned and passed in front of his vehicle and he was unable to brake in time"

This happened to me so many times when crossing a street in Bangkok actually using the pedestrian crossing. Cars will just honk and/or flash their headlights and if you don't manage to get out of the way in time ... well you're screwed.

Most deaf people cannot hear horns sounding. He should have braked and slowed down, and not assumed his horn would be heard.

8 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

A genuine  MERCIDEZ BENZ bus? I hope the woman pulls through unless her injuries are horrific.

Yes sir, Thailand model only.

I've also seen other tourbuses from unknown brand with big Mercides Benz texts painted on them...so the passengers feel a lot better. No you don't loose face if you take one of those, it's hi-so maak maak.

10 hours ago, webfact said:

said that he saw the pedestrian and sounded his horn

Has his driver training not got to the "use of breaks" yet???

I would have instinctively applied my breaks, unfortunately I use my horn so infrequently I have to think where it is... 

19 hours ago, saigonsunset said:

"...well you're screwed." Happen to you near Nana Plaza did it? :cheesy: :sorry: Could not help it, please don't take it seriously. I am just having a lend of the situation.

4 hours ago, halloween said:

If we all cared, and the religious prayed, would she recover any faster?

If a religious person says they will pray for me, I tell them I will think for them.

Sorry, slightly off topic.

On 1/12/2017 at 1:09 PM, saigonsunset said:

How long before you realised that the average Thai driver hasn't the faintest idea why there are black and white stripes painted on the road.

Most deaf people cannot hear horns sounding. He should have braked and slowed down, and not assumed his horn would be heard.

As anyone who is familiar with Thai driving will attest, given multiple possible responses to a dangerous situation, a Thai driver will NEVER consider slowing down as an option.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app