VT5 Fiber

GaryB1263

Are you in Jomtien and does VT5 = View Talay 5?

If so, they probably offer TMN and/or Sophon (sbnnet) fibre.  Both are cable TV companies that have branched into fibre optic internet.  (Oddly, they didn't go into DOCSIS which would use existing coax cable.)

My condo building in that neighborhood offers both TMN and sbnnet FTTH.  

TMN has a 20/7 Mbps package for B599/mo and 30/10 for B1200/mo.  TMN can be subscribed on a month to month basis after you pay B2000 for the modem.

sbnnet offers 30/5 Mbps package for B2590/mo, 50/10 for B3990/month, and 100/20 for B7990/mo.  You get a discount if you prepay 6-months or 12-months.  Pre-paying 12-months for those packages is B25,900, B39,900 and B79,900.  You must sign a 12-month contract.  It's just how you pay that determines the discount.  IMHO those prices are a bit high, based on what other providers like AIS, True and TMN offer.

I would suggest calling TMN to see if they offer service at VT5:  038-072-556/557/558.  Be patient, as their English may not be so great.  I dealt with the helpful lady in their office at the Pattaya Klang-Sukhumvit intersection.  Her English is good, she is knowledgeable and she is helpful.

That said, I have the TMN 20/7 service and it's not very good for overseas access.  This is my first month.  For next month I'm going to upgrade to the 30/10 package to see if maybe it's just that the 20/7 is a promotional offer with intentionally crippled overseas speed.  When I bought the condo, I inherited the previous owner's 3BB 18/1.8 Mbps ADSL account and it has much faster overseas speed.

And, maybe you'll be lucky and AIS provides fibre in VT5.  I know that one of the VT2 buildings across the street currently has a petition posted for owners to sign.  If enough owners pledge to sign up, then AIS will set up the infrastructure for their fibre optic system in the building.  However, I've heard that so far the response to the petition is far short of what AIS needs.