Hotspot-System / Voltage / Help Please!!!

moonseeker

Dear all

I need some expert feedback.

We run a 35 HS-System with IBM server, load-balance etc. etc.

This morning we experienced frequent disconnects of HS's, not being able to connect to HS's at all, even so they were showing, occasionally able to connect at terrible speed and then kicked off etc. etc. Resetting server etc. etc. etc. did not improve anything. WE kept trying. All of a sudden 2 hours into the last reset, all of a sudden was able to slowly connect to HS's again, first at terrible speed with kick-offs, within about 15 min. all of a sudden all HS's started working perfect again, very fats and all perfect. I did not change anything or restart/-wire anyting at all.....the last 1 hour for sure. 

We had a power outage early morning with main transformer/breakers off, too us 2 tries to reset.

We have a big UPS installed, still could off-voltage cause problems with POE-HS's and cause this bloody ghost like symptoms? Terrible not to know what is going on with a dozen people on my a..!

Thank you for any feedback!  Have a great Sunday!   MS>

While you could look at the system and device logs produced during that period, most likely it won't point conclusively to one single resolvable factor.  Sounds more like a 'perfect storm' event, where enough issues coincided to cause data errors on the network side of the hotspots.

If multiple hotspots were affected, then look at what they all have in common

• AC Power Provider
    ...maybe the power being delivered for that time period was 'dirty' or unstable
  • LAN/BackHaul hardware in error state
    ...maybe a failing Switch or other intermediate Ethernet device being consistent only after 2 hours
  • Distributed/Mesh Hotspot device causing spurious errors until it finally resets on its own

• RF interference from a malfunctioning 3rd-party device operating in the same RF-band

You don't say how you are connecting to your Hotspots while testing them, or how the Hotspots are connected to a back-end common point (Wireless Mesh, RF BackHaul, individual aDSL/FTTx modem, LAN Ethernet to Switch) so we can only speculate at what was causing the slow connection speeds. 

Thank you kindly. Weird story, system has now been stabil for 24 hours. 

If any expert still online? Does anybody know of a reliable network-company in Pattaya? We are upgarding massively and 

just can't do it by ourselves. We think about adding a bunch of HS's, 2 new switches, Looking at D-Link 1210 or 1510, POE & Vigor 3900 Draytek as Router/Loadbalanance. 

We have 2 providers with 1 Gig & 200 Mb which seems more than sufficient and we have up to 75 users, but would like to add a safety margin.

Most of our AP's are Pico-Stations, we will start adding 5 GHZ in strategic locations & rewire all with CAT 6a.

Any feedbcak aas always mich appreciated.   MS>

I may not be much help, but these switches are tricky pieces of hardware.

You need to make sure your switches are programmed and managed well.

If you have a data storm, this can cause funny problems with the whole network.

It probable wasn't a data storm as the problem came Good, but probably power related, but your redundancy and system management need improving if you don't know what caused the problem.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk