Drunk British tourist drowns on Koh Samet

webfact

This is life.... I don't know the guy but my heart goes out to him and his family circle and friends... things happen and there is no way we can prevent them... the poor soul could have had a stroke or heart attack and fell into the water... unfortunately, an autopsy won't be performed.... very unlikely that the alcohol in his body was a direct cause of him drowning in the pool....
RIP, cheers mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Gandtee said:

My wife said that farangs leave their brains at the airport. Sadly, most of them do. RIP.

RIP to the tragic man and shame you take this attitude towards someone who has lost his life.

Edited by cyberfarang

4 hours ago, mahal4 said:

This is life.... I don't know the guy but my heart goes out to him and his family circle and friends... things happen and there is no way we can prevent them... the poor soul could have had a stroke or heart attack and fell into the water... unfortunately, an autopsy won't be performed.... very unlikely that the alcohol in his body was a direct cause of him drowning in the pool....
RIP, cheers mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He neither "fell in the water" or "drowned in a pool"

He had been drinking and went swimming in the sea

The second source quoted earlier states:

Mr Graham had been drinking liquor with his friends before the accident.” He then decided to go swimming in the nearby Putsa Bay. When Mr Graham had not returned ten minutes later, one of his drinking companions decided to check on him but could not spot him in the water. Fearing the worst, he shouted for help to find the lost friend.

A tourist who was swimming several hundred metres far from the beach found the body of Mr Graham. He pulled the body closer to the shore to make it easier for rescuers to recover the body before rushing him to the hospital.

“We are quite confident that the alcohol in his body was the reason for his drowning,” Pol Maj Wirad said. “Maybe he was too drunk to swim, or he drank until he lost consciousness while swimming.”