Iran says it will not renegotiate nuclear deal

webfact

Iran says it will not renegotiate nuclear deal

REUTERS

r9.jpg

FILE PHOTO: Iran's national flags are seen on a square in Tehran, Iran February 10, 2012. REUTERS/Morteza Nikoubazl/File Photo

DUBAI (Reuters) - Iran will not renegotiate its nuclear agreement with world powers, even if it faces new U.S. sanctions after Donald Trump becomes president, Deputy Foreign Minister Abbas Araqchi said on Sunday.

Trump, who will take office on Friday, has threatened to either scrap the agreement, which curbs Iran's nuclear programme and lifts sanctions against it, or seek a better deal.

"There will be no renegotiation and the (agreement) will not be reopened," said Araqchi, Iran's top nuclear negotiator at the talks that led to the agreement in 2015, quoted by the state news agency IRNA.

"We and many analysts believe that the (agreement) is consolidated. The new U.S. administration will not be able to abandon it," Araqchi told a news conference in Tehran, held a year after the deal took effect.

"Nuclear talks with America are over and we have nothing else to discuss," he added.

"It's quite likely that the U.S. Congress or the next administration will act against Iran and imposes new sanctions."

Under Iran's agreement with the United States, France, Germany, Britain, Russia and China, most U.N. sanctions were lifted a year ago. But Iran is still subject to an U.N. arms embargo and other restrictions, which are not technically part of the nuclear agreement.

(Reporting by Dubai newsroom)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-01-16

And the EU and Russia says it doesn't have to. Oops the US has just broken another treaty. It really is a wonder anyone makes agreements with them….what about NAFTA with Trump angling for 35% penalties against Mexican made vehicles?

55 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Iran is being reasonable.

trump isn't. 

I'm no fan of Iran either but this trump person, OMG, so destabilizing. 

Your bashing President Elect Trump gets tiring.

i find your posts obnoxious Dude and I would wager most posters are sick of your constant negativity.

Welcome to my ignore list.

Negativity LS....?

We need 'The Donald' on a Global Ignore list,  a tweet dysfn list, fingerless media interview platform, a surety of taxes paid jeopardy program, a reality TV program based on UNHCR values to reinstate American values on a global scale, if just to restore the positivity Trump has  stolen from his candidacy to the POTUS office. That was sanctum before Trump.

Something bigger than his quiff is on the horizon for 2017.

I sense Trump envisages he has Jed Bartlett's stature,  his vision. Just inebriated on Sorkin's pov. Sanders really had that possibility just not the DNC. 

Trump is a not Truman, Kennedy nor a Roosevelt yet he thinks he can walk those passages flippantly.  Nixon will appreciate the company before 4 years are finished.