Marriage Certificate Verification Affidavit

Hi, I need to do an affidavit at the British Embassy in order for the Thai authorities to accept my UK marriage certificate (to a Thai). I've been looking for a template online (including on this site) but while I've found plenty relating to eligibility to marry I've been unable to find one to affirm that our marriage certificate is genuine, which is what I understand the requirement to be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

i remember  when i did mine i went to the embassy with my  papers

they in turn supplied   documentation/ letter  to confirm 

this i had to have translated to Thai  and then approved by  government house/stamped

then took all info to local amphur   for registration  of the marriage  

1 hour ago, Blue Muton said:

Hi, I need to do an affidavit at the British Embassy in order for the Thai authorities to accept my UK marriage certificate (to a Thai).

The UK embassy will not longer allow you to do a statement to certify your marriage certificate. They stopped doing it about 2 years ago.

It has to be sent to the UK for legalization. 

Legalising a signature or seal

Legalisation is the official confirmation that a signature, seal or stamp on an official public document is genuine. UK public documents such as birth, death, marriage and divorce certificates can be legalised by the UK government in the UK. This is also known as an apostille. More information on how to get your UK document legalised for use in Thailand can be found on Three Steps of Legalising a Signatures or Seal (PDF, 142KB, 1 page) and Legalisation Infographic (PDF, 168KB, 1 page) .

Source: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notarial-and-documentary-services-guide-for-thailand