Phuket cops dress as postmen to nab B500K worth of drugs

webfact

Phuket cops dress as postmen to nab B500K worth of drugs

Phuket Gazette 

pkt2.jpeg        

Mr Korapat (left) was arrested while collecting a drug shipment at a Phuket Town post office. Photo: Winai Sarot

PHUKET: -- A suspected dealer was busted with drugs worth about half a million baht by undercover police officers in Phuket Town on Sunday.

A tip from another dealer, who had surrendered himself on Saturday, led Phuket City Police officials to the post office behind Provincial Hall. 

“The dealer told us that a man named Korapat Thipasak, 33, would come to claim a parcel at that location,” said Lt Col Ritthichai Chumchuay of Phuket City Police.

The drug bust yielded 2,020 ya bah (methamphetamine) pills, 20 pills of ecstasy, drug paraphernalia and a mobile phone.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Phuket-cops-dress-postmen-nab-B500K-worth/66144?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-01-17

Phuket man arrested for 'super speed' drug delivery by post

Eakkapop Thongtub

1484632498_1-org.jpg

The 'super speed' delivery contained more than 2,000 meth pills. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- Police have arrested a man who turned up at a Phuket Town post office to sign to receive a parcel sent from Bangkok by Thailand Post’s EMS service containing more than 2,000 methamphetamine (ya bah) pills and and 20 ecstasy pills.

The arrest was made yesterday (Jan 16) by officers dressed as EMS postal workers.

Officers arrested Kornaphat Tipsak, 33, from Phuket, when he turned up to collect the parcel after a tip-off informed officers of the parcel’s delivery.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-man-arrested-for-super-speed-drug-delivery-by-post-60650.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-01-17

What I'm about to write will indeed earn me a wide array of comments from other posters.... keeping that in mind..

9 hours ago, webfact said:

A tip from another dealer, who had surrendered himself on Saturday, led Phuket City Police officials to the post office behind Provincial Hall. 

In the western half of the world, it is in many ways, the fastest option to choose, to end not only your own life for ratting someone out, but the consequences have and can wipe out an entire family and associates whether or not they had knowledge.

The articles I read on TV that been copied and pasted from other sources are the more sensational (or not) acts of crime that they believe  keep the followers of this website coming. (Which I will sadly add........their method works.)

My point being, how is it that they (Newspapers) can post blatantly  the original information stemmed from an informant? Where I'm from, information received from informants is never told to the media due to triggering more murders and information from where the info came from is credited to some story about police work.

Is it a culture thing? (If you get arrested rat out anything you may believe will earn you a get out of jail card)

Dunno know about the rest of you's, but this country appears to be infested with 2 legged ratters.

I suppose the idea, taking revenge on a rat hasn't made it this far yet.

Sort of explains why they are so blase to actually investigate a non/serious offence...they don't know how to.

After you have cheated to gain entrance to the police school, shows what your attitude is right from the start. 

Edited by sioux2012
Im certainly not condoning the offenses that stand against these 4 guys, but informants are probably small part of the reason they have "I don't need to learn jack sh1t" attitude.

1 hour ago, sioux2012 said:

What I'm about to write will indeed earn me a wide array of comments from other posters.... keeping that in mind..

In the western half of the world, it is in many ways, the fastest option to choose, to end not only your own life for ratting someone out, but the consequences have and can wipe out an entire family and associates whether or not they had knowledge.

The articles I read on TV that been copied and pasted from other sources are the more sensational (or not) acts of crime that they believe  keep the followers of this website coming. (Which I will sadly add........their method works.)

My point being, how is it that they (Newspapers) can post blatantly  the original information stemmed from an informant? Where I'm from, information received from informants is never told to the media due to triggering more murders and information from where the info came from is credited to some story about police work.

Is it a culture thing? (If you get arrested rat out anything you may believe will earn you a get out of jail card)

Dunno know about the rest of you's, but this country appears to be infested with 2 legged ratters.

I suppose the idea, taking revenge on a rat hasn't made it this far yet.

Sort of explains why they are so blase to actually investigate a non/serious offence...they don't know how to.

After you have cheated to gain entrance to the police school, shows what your attitude is right from the start. 

In the US they make TV shows showing the informant help set up the sting, isn't the US in the "western half of the world"?