Thai to Malaysia - one way flight?

Planning a trip next month with the girlfriend; would like to fly to penang, ferry to langkawi then return to Thailand via Koh Lipe.

Are malaysian immigration likely to have issues with a thai not having return flights?

Any similar experiences?

cheers

• 1 month later...

According to Air Asias Q&A:
"...For international routes, all guest traveling on international routes must possess valid passports with at least 6 months validity and the applicable valid visas. Such guests shall also possess a return on an onward journey ticket."

The "plan" is to fly to malaysia and visit friends with no planned return date.

My questions to the forum community, to those of you that have traveled out of thailand to malaysia without a return roundtrip air ticket.

What was your solution?
Did any of you buy a cheap bus ticket from malaysia to thailand/singapore?

I did the trip as planned 

We flew with airasia oneway, but i bought cheap tickets out to singapore with tiger air.

On check in though, they didnt ask to see anything, didnt even mention onward travel. 

I called airasia beforehand to confirm what you have copied from the website, and they did. They also said that they wouldn't accept an onward ferry ticket (Langkawi to lipe). So i think the fact they didnt ask at check in was probably an oversight, not the norm. 

Immigration in penang didnt ask the missus anything, but asked me how long i was staying. 

• Like 1