Obama shows clemency to Manning, intelligence analyst behind leaks

webfact

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, stander said:

Sexual reassignment surgery while in  prison, paid for on the taxpayer's dime?  So this is now a "benefit" of going to prison... disgusting and appalling.

The only thing disgusting and appalling is your bigoted attitude. There are bigot forums all over the internet why not go there and you can be in a bigot paradise. You know what they say about the people that complain the most about others with alternative lifestyles. One in every 10 is a closet Queen Stander. Do you find you watch Broke Back Mountain a lot?

2 hours ago, DM07 said:

And why would we do that for Snowden?

Because he made it clear, that the US government has established the biggest spying operation on civilians in the history of forever?!

Yeah...hang him high!

:coffee1:

...and how do you call it, when someone get's off a 35 year sentence after 7 years on initiative of the POTUS?

Manning accepted his fate.  Didn't run and admitted his guilt.  Snowden ran like a 10 year old school girl. LOL

I'm not in favor of this pardon.  He knew what he was doing.  He should pay the price. 

2 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Manning accepted his fate.  Didn't run and admitted his guilt.  Snowden ran like a 10 year old school girl. LOL

I'm not in favor of this pardon.  He knew what he was doing.  He should pay the price. 

So again: what was he doing?

He blew the whistle on something so wrong, in every way and there were people (mostly from the right side of things) asking for his execution!

I would have run too, if I had to fear for my life, for doing the right thing!

8 minutes ago, DM07 said:

So again: what was he doing?

He blew the whistle on something so wrong, in every way and there were people (mostly from the right side of things) asking for his execution!

I would have run too, if I had to fear for my life, for doing the right thing!

No argument he blew the whistle on some bad stuff.  But it was illegal and broke some very serious laws.  There are other ways to do this.  He took the easy and and paid the price.

Manning didn't run and is now out of prison.  Snowden did and will be on the run for the rest of his life.  Terrible way to live.

2 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

No argument he blew the whistle on some bad stuff.  But it was illegal and broke some very serious laws.  There are other ways to do this.  He took the easy and and paid the price.

Manning didn't run and is now out of prison.  Snowden did and will be on the run for the rest of his life.  Terrible way to live.

And Snowden is hosted by the Russians. Doubt he didn't share other information with them as upkeep.

11 hours ago, oilinki said:

I think here lies the reason. Obama just made Wikileaks a lame duck.

In case Assange disagrees to extradition, he has lost his credibility.

If he agrees, Wikileaks, Trump and Russian connection comes to daylight. 

Russia just lost one tool from their arsenal.

What would Assange (hypothetically) turning himself in have to do with exposing the supposed connection between Wikileaks, Trump and Russia?

Edited by Morch

Not a huge fan of this move. I think Snowden is a much better candidate for Manning here, though I think the fact that he has taken refuge in Russia has probably hurt his chances with recent events. There's a big difference between what Snowden and Manning did though. Manning put peoples lives at risks, where Snowden exposed something that the public needed to know about. 35 years may have been a bit much, but I'm not sure if 7 years is enough.

If Assange does truly turn himself in though, I could understand the move. And that would probably also go a long way towards restoring his own reputation.  

Edited by jcsmith

5 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

The only thing disgusting and appalling is your bigoted attitude. There are bigot forums all over the internet why not go there and you can be in a bigot paradise. You know what they say about the people that complain the most about others with alternative lifestyles. One in every 10 is a closet Queen Stander. Do you find you watch Broke Back Mountain a lot?

The only objection most of us have, is the tax payer expense. The SOB should have waited until he got out of jail, and paid for it himself.

2 hours ago, beechguy said:

The only objection most of us have, is the tax payer expense. The SOB should have waited until he got out of jail, and paid for it himself.

Twenty trillion in debt and you are concerned about someone having a pair of tits. I see everyone has this in its correct perspective then. :coffee1:

Americans see what she (he) did as treason, yet us non  Americans see the action of the chopper gun ship and more so the disturbing comments from the crew as just more artrocities that the Americans have been carrying out on a regular basic with immunity since and including Vietnam. Perhaps its the embarrassment that President Obama released her on. Regardless well done Manning for having the then balls to stand up against such blantant war crimes. 

On clemency, White House sees distinction between Snowden and Manning cases

" "Chelsea Manning is somebody who went through the military criminal justice process, was exposed to due process, was found guilty, was sentenced for her crimes, and she acknowledged wrongdoing," Earnest said. "Mr. Snowden fled into the arms of an adversary and sought refuge in a country that most recently made a concerted effort to undermine confidence in our democracy."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/01/13/clemency-white-house-says-snowden-and-manning-different-cases/96561666/

11 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

It is not bigoted to complain about taxpayers having to cover such surgery. Your choice...you pay.

So she is taking advantage of the "system" . Not unlike Trump taking advantage of the "system" to get tax payers to cover his business losses. Surely that makes her smart.

15 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

So she is taking advantage of the "system" . Not unlike Trump taking advantage of the "system" to get tax payers to cover his business losses. Surely that makes her smart.

Wrong, Trump isn't contributing taxes per the IRS regulations, he isn't costing the taxpayer anything.

11 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

He stabbed one of our best allies in the back, is freeing Islamic terrorists and also a demented  traitor who is very likely responsible for American deaths.

Right out of the gate with your bombastic hyperbole on this one aren't ya?

You appear to be frothing at the mouth...

"Demented"?

Care to explain your application to Manning with that word?

2 minutes ago, iReason said:

Right out of the gate with your bombastic hyperbole on this one aren't ya?

You appear to be frothing at the mouth...

"Demented"?

Care to explain your application to Manning with that word?

Demented is the first thing that comes to mind when I see the picture of Manning in the post.  I also feel sick when they refer to him as a her. The whole saga is another case of truth being stranger than fiction.

8 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

Twenty trillion in debt and you are concerned about someone having a pair of tits. I see everyone has this in its correct perspective then. :coffee1:

Up to him/her I could not care less. However, not while in prison and not paid for by the tax payer. It is not supposed to be a holiday camp or surgery rehab resort.

I've heard of coming out of prison a changed man, but this is ridiculous.  

Edited by kevkev1888