Starting an Organic Farm

I'be been doing some organic farming for the last 7 yrs on my property in Chiang Mai and am planning on turning my unused 3 rai of rice fields into a working farm.

Thinking about fruits, vegetables and fish and well as growing animal food for my chickens, ducks, goats and sheep.

I've heard of an Issan Farmer who is on TV and wondering if anyone knows his name.

Also any other good references would be appreciated.

I have two friends who have established 'permaculture/organic' farms in San Sai and MaeRim districts. One is one of the most complete and integrated small farms I have seen. My friend studied Permaculture with one of the founders in Australia and has put it into practice here with 9 rai in rice and a few more rai with mixed crops, agroforesty and animals, fish ponds, chickens, ducks, etc. The other is an organic program and agroforestry advocate and teacher and is actively involved in CSA (community supported agriculture) in Chiang Mai. PM me for contact information. 

Also, there is a Sunday organic farmers market where you can meet local organic farmers.

20170109_143116.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/22/2017 at 0:00 PM, drtreelove said:

I have two friends who have established 'permaculture/organic' farms in San Sai and MaeRim districts. One is one of the most complete and integrated small farms I have seen. My friend studied Permaculture with one of the founders in Australia and has put it into practice here with 9 rai in rice and a few more rai with mixed crops, agroforesty and animals, fish ponds, chickens, ducks, etc. The other is an organic program and agroforestry advocate and teacher and is actively involved in CSA (community supported agriculture) in Chiang Mai. PM me for contact information. 

Also, there is a Sunday organic farmers market where you can meet local organic farmers.

20170109_143116.jpg

What's up Doc? Would really appreciate the contact info, pm sent

Archived