Thais impressed as legless farang burger seller wows internet

webfact

I immediately thought of the other sort of legless when I read the headline I realise this says more about me than this brave gent, I do holiday in Pattaya after all. I am also surprised he has been allowed to carry on this enterprise because "even a Thai could do it" but good luck to him 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

Your comment is disgusting.

Do you have use of your legs?

Answer probably yes. He doesnt, i dont.

So next time you are out walking stop think there but for the grace of god.

I find your reply disgusting. Do you expect to be let off when you break the law? Or are you just after some sympathy?

15 minutes ago, ThaiCitizen said:

I find your reply disgusting. Do you expect to be let off when you break the law? Or are you just after some sympathy?

Your comment is just as bad. Get a life.

The man is getting on with his life, leave him alone to do just that.

Whether he is breaking the law or not butt out mind your own business.

Maybe you are just a perfect person who only abides by the law, and is a goody 2 shoes.

Edited by colinneil

On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 10:22 AM, kamahele said:

Again, nice story ruined by bitter human beings

The nice story is probably more complicated than what we learn through tvf or fb. Guy gets support from the infamous thai netizens but crashes under pressure from negative farlang forces? Hard to believe... to be continued ?

He looks like a fine man indeed , only thing I find strange is the pilot story . Is it possible to educate yourself as a commercial pilot with that type of disability ?  If it is then he is really a man that reaches his goals in life.  But why did he not continue that path ? 

I've been thinking if I should post this since the guy has suffered enough already. But truths must prevail. I saw on on his fan page, under the Visitor Posts, a Thai woman posted screenshots of his flirtatious conversation with her. They made a secret rendezvous but he stood her up. His excuse was his plane broke down somewhere in India. This post was now deleted. But I have screenshots of this. So I think after his story went viral those girls he has led them on and his wife, finally know his true colours.

According to his LinkedIn profile, those who have an account there can see for yourself, under the name Gareth L Payne, 2001 - 2003, he was a 1st Officer flying Boeing 737 for EasyJet. Lost his legs in 2000, within a year trained to be pilot? When in the news back then he said the only trade he knew was fencing. 

On his personal FB page, if you look closely on his photo in the cockpit, you probably see it was photoshoped. The colour of the neck and chin area is different from others, and it just is too straight for a neckline. 

So I personally believe his downfall isn't brought on by the overwhelming public response, but his own dishonesty. 

On 19-1-2017 at 1:11 PM, Paruk said:

Asoka! Well, that crap is only by the British considered as doner kebab. People with some culinary understanding refer generally to the Turkish style (and real) doner kebab. My wife wouldn't dare to make something like that.

You guys won't give up with the kebab ?

Last year i was on a huge very busy market and being pushed forward in the crowd...it was far too busy there.

Suddenly there he was, standing next to the crowd who couldn't even move one step sidewards if we wanted.

There was a farang standing there totally sweaty and next to him was a real kebab grill with 20kg meat turning around infront of a burner.

I had to laugh cause he picked the wrong spot, it was far too crowded to even order from him. I guess he didn't sell much cause who wants to stand in the walkway when it's super busy? Not me.

I don't care if he has a permit or whatever, the meat looked good. If he's there again this year and has a better spot i'll order a kebab from him.

On 18/01/2017 at 6:14 AM, overherebc said:

Would like to see the headline changed to something on the lines of Man who lost both legs in accident etc etc.

If you called my father legless after he had his accident very little of his walking stick would be left showing out of your xxx

You have a point. "Legless" also means drunk. Lol.