No Address for Land where Business is

ace1

Hi,

My GF has some land and has built a business on the land. Couple of small buildings etc.

Anyway, she has had a small 'temporary' electric supply but now needs to upgrade to connect the buildings. This has been refused by the Electric company as there is no official address for that land from the local TessaBaan.

So contacted the TessaBaan and they will NOT give an address as there is NO house on the land.  They even came out and said we can't even use one of the buildings because it wasn't originally listed as a house and has no bedroom.

Surely it is possible to have a business on land with an official address where there is NO house ? I'm guessing it'll come down to silver crossing palms as is often the way here.

Anyone got any knowledge on this sort of thing.

Cheers for any help,

There is other housing but no joy on the electricity...she had a well drilled recently so water 'on tap' 55.

I just can't get my head around the fact she has been told she can't have a business without a house. Maybe it is right TiT.

You don't need a house, you need a building whose construction has been approved by the district office.

After permission has been granted, a tabien baan (blue book) will be issued when the building is complete/mostly complete.

This is what you need to get a permanent electricity supply.

The reason the district office said house is probably because that is what is going to be the easiest for them to give permission to build.

What you might want to do is find out the bare minimum that is required to get a tabien baan issued.

Edit: I don't actually know how someone with a old style wooden house would get a tabien baan. It would be interesting to find out.

Edited by blackcab

Thanks blackcab....that makes a bit more sense now.

Unfortunately she was told she could build her shop without permission, which I believe is correct, but as she didn't already have a registered building on the land then I guess we will be paying to smooth the way for the inconvenience we have made for some officials. Hey ho TiT :)

Just an idea to "outsmart" the tessaban.
There are companies in Thailand that refurbish and remodel 20 and 40 foot shipping containers to complete homes with bedrooms, kitchens, toilets, showers etc. Cost 150-300k
Buy one of those, put them on the land. Get the blue book / address. Sell the container again. You might loose a few thousand baht, but cheaper than building a house from scratch I think.

1 hour ago, NiwPix said:

There are companies in Thailand that refurbish and remodel 20 and 40 foot shipping containers to complete homes with bedrooms, kitchens, toilets, showers etc. Cost 150-300k
Buy one of those, put them on the land. Get the blue book / address. Sell the container again. You might loose a few thousand baht, but cheaper than building a house from scratch I think.

I like that idea ,  when you make a mess where it was first "parked" just move it to another area of your land !

On 18/01/2017 at 11:24 PM, NiwPix said:

555 That is a great idea.

Decided to get a lawyer, I call him Saul, who has a few contacts. Job done and her 'shop' now has a blue book/address....cost 5k. Now can sort out everything else with ease :)