Appliance Repair

billaaa777

I spent 4,000 Baht on a vacuum cleaner. It worked for about a year and the stopped. Every damm thing I buy here breaks. I am now on my 3rd office chair. This time I bought one for 3,600 with medal legs. Let’s hope this one does not break.

I remember my mom’s vacuum cleaner lasted 20 years, so it pisses me off!

Seriously, does anybody know where I can get my vacuum cleaner fixed?

I spent 4,000 Baht on a vacuum cleaner. It worked for about a year and the stopped. Every damm thing I buy here breaks. I am now on my 3rd office chair. This time I bought one for 3,600 with medal legs. Let’s hope this one does not break.

Call Mr Jolly...The Electrolux Man..Worked for my Mum.. :o

Basement at the Pattaya E-Mall South Pattaya Rd..big electronic shop have reps from all elect companys doing all sorts of repairs..

Edited by Little Black Duck

• 1 year later...

There is a place on 3rd road that repairs all electrical goods. Head South from Pattaya Thai past Tony's Gym, and just before the next set of lights (soi 17) there is a standalone building on the right hand side. It's a bit more accessable than dragging your hoover into Tuk Com, but I haven't used either.

There is a place on 3rd road that repairs all electrical goods. Head South from Pattaya Thai past Tony's Gym, and just before the next set of lights (soi 17) there is a standalone building on the right hand side. It's a bit more accessable than dragging your hoover into Tuk Com, but I haven't used either.

Thanks for the feedback - I was really hoping for a recommendation though. Lets face it, there are so many 'comedians' out there 'repairing' things, that a recommendation is always a safer option.

In fact come to think of it the last 2 items we had repaired were:

- my wifes mobile phone and although the fault was fixed, the camera no longer worked - so gave it to her sister!

- a clock we had fixed broke down again afer just 2 months - threw it away!

So it may be cheaper and less hassle to just buy a new vacuum cleaner now - they seem to be a lot cheaper than when I bought this model!

Edited by dsfbrit

A couple of months ago one of vacuum cleaner gave up after many, many years so took out the little used one and it also gave up after being used a couple of times. Maid took somewhere and had it fixed for 1,500 baht. If you want to know where she took it please remind me next week when she is back at work - all the servants have taken off for Songkran.

A couple of months ago one of vacuum cleaner gave up after many, many years so took out the little used one and it also gave up after being used a couple of times. Maid took somewhere and had it fixed for 1,500 baht. If you want to know where she took it please remind me next week when she is back at work - all the servants have taken off for Songkran.

Thanks for the kind offer. I think I may take you up on that, or I may give up and just buy a new cleaner. Its frustrating because I am trying to repair things rather than buy new items (saving the planet and all that), but it seems such a lot of hassle.

For example, my computer printer broke down the other day. A new printer is just 2000 baht and comes with a new toner cartridge.

The toner cartridge on its own costs 1350 baht (Lexmark!!!

The repaiir will cost at least 500 baht as the power supply needs replacing.

So the cost is nearly the same!!! and I suspect the 'repaired' printer will break down again pretty soon anyway.

So common sense says just buy a new printer. :o

There goes the planet...

Edited by dsfbrit

• 2 weeks later...

Just found the bill for repair of my vacuum cleaner on 2 November 2007. 1500 baht at Sontai Electronic 221/92 Moo 12 Tepparasit Road. Tel: 085 841 8236.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind offer. I think I may take you up on that, or I may give up and just buy a new cleaner. Its frustrating because I am trying to repair things rather than buy new items (saving the planet and all that), but it seems such a lot of hassle.

Thanks again for this offer, but I have had it repaired.

As it is an LG cleaner I took it to LG Service Centre on Sukhumvit. Excellent service. They replaced the motor and it cost only 850 baht. I found the original receipt for the cleaner and it actually cost 7000 baht new, so I was expecting a bigger bill than this. They also gave me the old motor as proof they had fitted a new one.

I was very impressed. So much so that I am thinking of uprading my TV's soon and have looked at LG TV's, something I have never considered before, as I believe if there is a problem I may actually get some decent service during repairs!!

Basement at the Pattaya E-Mall South Pattaya Rd..big electronic shop have reps from all elect companys doing all sorts of repairs..
personally never had cause to used them - but the basement shop carries many domestic appliance spares, if they don't do the repair themselves - I would expect them to know the people that come in to buy spares for servicing work there.

You don't mention the brand - but there are a few main agents for domestic goods in Pattaya.

Any reason you are not talkiing to the retailer?

As an aside - there used to be a beer bar near Soi 8 that did TV repairs in a side room off of the bar.