Dustman and crew reprimanded after "human arm and leg" pictured hanging out of their refuse truck

webfact

Dustman and crew reprimanded after "human arm and leg" pictured hanging out of their refuse truck

3a.jpg

Picture: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- A dustman and his crew have been taken to task after their 18 wheel refuse truck was videoed and pictured with what appeared to be human body parts protruding from the back.

The picture and video caused a storm on social media after they were posted on Facebook by a driver following the truck. He thought they were real, reports Thairath.

He and others had seen the truck at a red light near the Poon Sap market in Pathum Thani.

But it turned out that they were just parts of a mannequin.

The refuse truck was registered to a company in Nakorn Pathom that was contracted to the Bangkok Metropolitan authority. Yesterday the Nakorn Pathom land department called in the company, driver and crew.

The driver said he didn't know anything about it. But it was claimed that someone had positioned the mannequin to shock and alarm and it could easily have caused an accident and was a serious breach of regulations.

However, the only fine that was issued was a 2,000 ticket for having an obscured license plate.

But the land department did warn the company and crew about their behavior in the future.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-20

5 hours ago, honoluludave said:

Bizarre sense of humor

You can buy fake arms on Amazon that are made to hang out the trunk of your car so it looks like you have a body in there.

They've been around for years.

Yep, been caught out in a similar situation many years ago.  Do a prisoner run in the Northern Territory in a Police van from Katherine to Darwin and overtook a road train (50m long truck) where we eventually pulled up at a half way point to check on our aboriginal prisoners. They told me that they had seen a human arm hanging out of one of the road train's trailers.  So I went down to the road and waited for this truck to come along, thinking this is going to be interesting as this was a major speed unlimited highway and he was going to come around a bend before seeing me standing in the middle of no where, and it takes a while for these things to pull up.  No problems though, even though I had to walk about 400m to reach the driver.  It was a practical joke on his part as it was a dummy arm that he just left hanging out of one of his cattle trailers.  We came to the conclusion it probably wasn't the smartest thing to do and he agreed to remove it and he was on his way.  Laughs all round.

It really shows that people have no f#2ck!n lives at all. getting upset over this. I hilarious joke if you ask me. Not sure what is more funny, the arm and leg out the truck or the all the social motards acting the fool about it.

In 1968 I had a Morgan sports car. To deter folk from rummaging around in it when I went to the pub I put a plastic skull that was a fail from Educational & Scientific Plastics where  I worked it , had the top of the skull missing , I painted it read and green inside I had an eyeball from the same factory put in the one eye socket , it was a work of art . I then put a blanket over it on the passenger seat . After about 2 weeks the blanket got left but the gruesome find was stolen.

10 hours ago, webfact said:

However, the only fine that was issued was a 2,000 ticket for having an obscured license plate.

Cannot let the guy go without making a donation. Must have gone over the vehicle with a fine tooth comb looking for face saving infractions. 

Years ago, when I worked at a business in a large city, there was a little homeless guy/wino who used to hang around the area.   He was friendly, didn't bother anyone, but would rummage through the dumpsters in the area.        I guess he would sleep in the dumpsters sometimes, and one night a trash truck picked him up, and deposited him at the local dump along with the other contents.

The bulldozer driver was re-arranging the trash piles, when he saw an arm come out of the trash pile, and wave at him.

He jumped off the machine, dug him out.  The guy was OK.   The first thing the wino said was, 'Hey buddy, do you have a cigarette?"

We found out about this because there was a news article about it, which included his full name,  (which we never knew) picture, what area the dumpster he had been in came from,and the fact that he was a decorated ball turret gunner from WW2.

Never saw him again, so maybe he ended up with better accommodations.

23 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

toofarnorth

Question,if you knew you were going out to a place where you might be away from the car for sometime,Shopping,pub,etc.Why didnt you just put a hard top on it?I bet you are a gas:biggrin: on Haloween

KKD.  It didn't have a hard top , it had a convertible top but it got left behind on hot nights ( the top might of got stolen too ) when I parked outside the pub  , the tonneau got added but that only covered the back and the passenger seat . Plus in 1968 cars were interfered with /stolen less seldom.

toofarnorth

I have to say you are right about meddling with cars was not so much in those days.In the 70's i had a Spitfire mk 5 series 3,and i have to say that i had a hard top that i never really used. the car never really got buggered about with even with the top left down.However,i did make sure that if was out pubbing or whatever,i did tend to park it in eyes view.

BTW,love Morgans