Video: Why dash cam evidence can help get to the truth

webfact

9 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

"so I can't just drive through the car in front of me?"

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

notice as the car enters frame it is drifting slightly to the right, and then makes a unnecessary lane change to the left, then brakes with plenty on time to go back to the right lane which is wide open. 

Drunk, texting, getting a BJ?

Or a good chance he had one hand on the wheel and the other was turning on a small knob

6 hours ago, USPatriot said:

How is it the fault of the Mercedes you can not control somm one that is behind you.  The police should see rear end damage and figured it out.

I'm sure the do you know who I am routine came out of the drivers mouth

As I understand it drivers are expected to sort it out themselves, if they can not then the police will fine both drivers.

It maybe obvious to you or me who was at fault but but IQ numbers are not important when applying for a job in the police   ...just the contents of the brown envelopes thus Thailand has a police force worthy of any Banana Republic.

What is so amazing was the police actually took notice of the driver with the dash cam and did not fine him as well.

16 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

I'm going to glue four dash cams to my scooter helmet.

one for all four directions. 360 degree coverage.

sort of like my own google earth car.

Bwaaahhh.....good luck in blurring all faces and license plates you catch during your earth exploration. :sleep:

20 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Let them sort it out.

It is nobody else's business.

Of course not BUT we love liars being caught out! :smile:

You can now understand why those in power want to control the media - sometimes the truth hurts.

Edited by lvr181
Additional comment

21 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

I'm just wondering whether the BMW may have been employing Adaptive Cruise Control, plus Lane Assist.

With feet off the pedals and hands off the steering wheel one can travel quite some distance on "Auto pilot" - until something goes wrong, of course (such as, Lane Assist gets confused).

Anyway, now that the BMW driver has been proven to be a lying B**tard, I hope they throw the book at him.

'I'm just wondering whether the BMW may have been employing Adaptive Cruise Control, plus Lane Assist.' Always more helpful if it's in conjunction with a driver who is employing some degree of IQ ... preferably not the native version. 

9 minutes ago, ezflip said:

Come again? 2017 Prices - C-class Mercedes 2.5m to 4.2m baht (depending on the model) and no import fees vs. BMW i8 12.5m baht + import fees.

I have to agree with ezflip. Owning an i8 in Thailand tells everybody you got so much money you don't care about the cost.

• Every one is saying get a dash-cam.  Could anyone recommend a brand for front & rear?  Even if I'd had one, I would not be out of my present situation; I crossed Suk from a minor road & was waiting to turn right towards Pattaya.  Two young lads ran into me at 90kph. (I have photo of their speedo.)  They hit me amidships so there would have been no camera evidence.  The police say it's my fault (driving whilst in possession of a white face).  I pointed out I was stationary and off Suk (I have photo.)  They say I could have moved after the crash.  I asked why there was no spray on the road to show the position of the bike.  The police say they had run out of it!
  • I have 1st class insurance but/so the boys' families are claiming nearly 9 (NINE) million baht from me and my insurance company.
  • Anyone want to buy a house going cheap in Bang Saray? I'm serious.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/01/2017 at 8:42 AM, mikebell said:
  • Every one is saying get a dash-cam.  Could anyone recommend a brand for front & rear?  Even if I'd had one, I would not be out of my present situation; I crossed Suk from a minor road & was waiting to turn right towards Pattaya.  Two young lads ran into me at 90kph. (I have photo of their speedo.)  They hit me amidships so there would have been no camera evidence.  The police say it's my fault (driving whilst in possession of a white face).  I pointed out I was stationary and off Suk (I have photo.)  They say I could have moved after the crash.  I asked why there was no spray on the road to show the position of the bike.  The police say they had run out of it!
  • I have 1st class insurance but/so the boys' families are claiming nearly 9 (NINE) million baht from me and my insurance company.
  • Anyone want to buy a house going cheap in Bang Saray? I'm serious.

That is f***** scary mate. I hope your insurance company kicks in and sorts this out for you. I had big fight with AX* about the what if scenario and finally got them to accept they are paid by me to protect my lily white butt in exactly the same scenario. 

What dashcam cam have you decided on as I am seriously looking too. Problem is here in middle earth (Khorat) all I can get offered is a Chinese very nice and shiny but likely short effective life POS. 

On 21/01/2017 at 4:00 PM, Bulldozer Dawn said:

If you are not yet convinced you need a dash cam have a look at some of these videos:

Roads, Traffic, and Driving in Thailand: Videos

Man that both scares the living sh** out of me and makes me physically sick.

if this is Charles Darwins evolution theory then may God help us 

55 minutes ago, The Dark Lord said:

That is f***** scary mate. I hope your insurance company kicks in and sorts this out for you. I had big fight with AX* about the what if scenario and finally got them to accept they are paid by me to protect my lily white butt in exactly the same scenario. 

What dashcam cam have you decided on as I am seriously looking too. Problem is here in middle earth (Khorat) all I can get offered is a Chinese very nice and shiny but likely short effective life POS. 

Have my dashcam coming from the states, its a Street Guardian SGZC12SG (single camera), mainly to deal with the heat here in Thailand. If I was going to go with a front/rear camera setup, I would probably go with the Blackvue DR650S-2CH, I thought about it, but I like the better video quality of the Street Guardian on a single channel (single camera) setup.

Edited by ocddave

Just now, ocddave said:

Have my dashcam coming from the states, its a Street Guardian SGZC12SG, mainly to deal with the heat here is Thailand. If I was going to go with a front/rear camera setup, I would probably go with the Blackvue DR650S-2CH, I thought about it, but I like the better video quality of the Street Guardian on a single channel (single camera) setup.

Thankx

much appreciated