Violence flares in Washington during Trump inauguration

rooster59

6 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Jesus, I woke up this morning in a surreal, Twilight Zone world, where Trump is president. How crazy is that? :passifier:

I know. It's real and it's HORRIBLE. 

Anyway, RESISTANCE is needed but violence isn't the way. 

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Saastrajaa said:

Nice try.  The <deleted> who vandalized businesses were anarchist pieces of shit, easily identifiable by their ANARCHY SYMBOLS that they wear, and the fact that they cover their faces in black so they can't be identified (similar to the violent pigs who cover up their badge numbers so they can beat protesters without reprisal).  Nobody likes those anarchist jerks; they're always ruining peaceful protests here in California with their senseless violence.

So take YOUR violent sentiments toward peaceful protesters elsewhere.

Granted, I'm not saying that violence will not occur before this horrible chapter in American history is over...it most definitely will.  But the violence will be directed specifically at the Nazis and KKK who are a rising force in the US.    The violence today in DC was stupid; it was directed at businesses in an overwhelmingly Democrat city.  

Much as I detest fascists, racists, Nazis and the KKK, why should violence towards them be tolerated? Those who demand the right to protest now, protests often hi-jacked by anarchists and rioters bent on thieving, are always supported by those who say everyone is entitled to protest, free speech and free views. Oh, unless they don't like and disagree with them of course.

It's a trait of the left PC liberals now to refuse to accept election results they don't like and cause as much disruption as possible whilst shouting down, or worse, any who dare disagree. Moving more and more towards Stalinism and Maoist tactics.

8 minutes ago, Grubster said:

I hope trump puts an end to the useless violence in the US, but it looks like the hatred runs deep from all sides. I think it is reaching levels prior to the civil war. This fact plus 200,000,000 privately owned guns could spell disaster.

It won't end till the miserable lefties learn that laws must be obeyed.

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I know. It's real and it's HORRIBLE. 

Anyway, RESISTANCE is needed but violence isn't the way. 

Surely the answer is to develop better policies and plans that the electorate do actually like? Rather than impose and threaten civil disobedience if their candidate can't win.

15 minutes ago, uptheos said:

Surely it's time for that lesson to be taught?

Or maybe for the right and the left to quit calling each other names and work together for goals that are mere inches apart on the entire political spectrum.

Of course, there are nefarious folks out there in the shadows counting on that never happening...

Edited by impulse

"Seriously. Okay? Just knock the hell”, said Trump

“I’d like to punch him in the face, I’ll tell ya,”, said Trump

“Maybe he should have been roughed up because it was absolutely disgusting what he was doing.”, said Trump

You reap what you sow, Trump.

27 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

It won't end till the miserable lefties learn that laws must be obeyed.

So no need for the 2nd amendment then, if we are just going to obey them whatever then we won't be needing that militia to stand up to them, right?

39 minutes ago, impulse said:

Or maybe for the right and the left to quit calling each other names and work together for goals that are mere inches apart on the entire political spectrum.

Of course, there are nefarious folks out there in the shadows counting on that never happening...

I agree that the parties are inches apart from each other - but that in itself says pretty much everything that needs to be said, and explains why Trump was elected as a wild card by the those that felt disenfranchised :sad:.

5 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I agree that the parties are inches apart from each other - but that in itself says pretty much everything that needs to be said, and explains why Trump was elected as a wild card by the those that felt disenfranchised 

The parties aren't even that far apart.  They're like the Bears and the Packers.  They don't really care that much who wins as long as their owners make $$ billions and share some of it with the players.

But even we, the people, if you look at the continuum(s) from communist to anarchist to capitalist to whatever, the American people are extremely close together on the spectrum.  We all want decent homes, decent health care, decent education, decent opportunities for our kids...  

1 hour ago, Grubster said:

What is a snowflake

As far as I can tell, a snowflake is a new word with which to insult the left, SJW having become so pedestrian. I am assuming it was Sarah Palin who came up with this latest attempt, although there are almost double digit letters in it so maybe not.

9 minutes ago, impulse said:

The parties aren't even that far apart.  They're like the Bears and the Packers.  They don't really care that much who wins as long as their owners make $$ billions and share some of it with the players.

But even we, the people, if you look at the continuum(s) from communist to anarchist to capitalist to whatever, the American people are extremely close together on the spectrum.  We all want decent homes, decent health care, decent education, decent opportunities for our kids...  

Not sure they're that close.

Take health care. The clear idealistic goal of the democratic party has been single payer universal health care.

The clear idealistic goal of the republicans is pure "free market" on health care with poor people not being protected. 

Obviously the people haven't pushed for either of those extremes to be fully realized, so the parties bicker over finding a middle ground that is politically possible. 

Now that the republicans have so much power, they are indeed going to able to move things closer to their "Ayn Rand" style ideal on health care. Not all the way of course because then there would be riots in the streets. 

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Not sure they're that close.

Take health care. The clear idealistic goal of the democratic party has been single payer universal health care.

The clear idealistic goal of the republicans is pure "free market" on health care with poor people not being protected. 

Obviously the people haven't pushed for either of those extremes to be fully realized, so the parties bicker over finding a middle ground that is politically possible. 

Now that the republicans have so much power, they are indeed going to able to move things closer to their "Ayn Rand" style ideal on health care. Not all the way of course because then there would be riots in the streets. 

That's the mechanics dividing people.  I don't think anyone in the USA would say they don't care about good health care, or they'd be pleased to see good health care denied to one group or the other.  Sure, there's disagreements about how to make it happen, and how to pay for it, and how good is good enough.  But the goal is the same.  Good health care.

It's the special interests that are going to make $$ billions or $$$$ BILLIONS that are driving the wedge.

Real world politics involves a lot of mechanics and a lot of money. If you're saying both sides are corrupted, that's true, but a con man demagogue like trump isn't exactly a credible fixer of such problems. 

I don't buy the extremist line that elections don't have consequences. Obama took the USA in a big step towards the idealistic goals of the democratic party towards health care as a right of citizens. trump is in the process right now of stripping that away. 

Edited by Jingthing

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Obama took the USA in a big step towards the idealistic goals of the democratic party towards health care as a right of citizens. trump is in the process right now of stripping that away. 

While it was a great first step, I don't think anyone would argue that Obamacare was a flawed program.  I'm going to hold off judgment until I see what the Repubs offer up as a replacement.  

Like you, I'm not optimistic (especially since retiring to the USA before Medicare age was contingent on me getting coverage for pre-existing conditions- and I may be staying in Thailand longer than I'd planned)  Maybe they'll surprise us with something decent.  Or maybe we'll get the turd sandwich I think we both expect.

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I can already tell you what's going to probably happen because I've followed it closely but save it for a relevant thread. Yes, turd sandwich and a step backwards for sure. 

Say what you want about Trump (like you do), but predicting what he's going to do tomorrow is a bad bet.  I'm hoping that works to the good- at least occasionally.

Maybe some mustard with the turd?

4 hours ago, Grubster said:

I hope trump puts an end to the useless violence in the US, but it looks like the hatred runs deep from all sides. I think it is reaching levels prior to the civil war. This fact plus 200,000,000 privately owned guns could spell disaster.

Why would you POSSIBLY think that Trump would want to put an end to violence...there are many, many videos of him actively encouraging it among his followers during his campaign rallies.

3 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

As far as I can tell, a snowflake is a new word with which to insult the left, SJW having become so pedestrian. I am assuming it was Sarah Palin who came up with this latest attempt, although there are almost double digit letters in it so maybe not.

I had thought it was new as well...turns out I was horribly wrong:

Screenshot 2017-01-21 04.23.57.png

Why would you POSSIBLY think that Trump would want to put an end to violence...there are many, many videos of him actively encouraging it among his followers during his campaign rallies.

More violence could be a good excuse for him to impose Putin style restrictions on any dissent. That would not surprise me.

More violence could be a good excuse for him to impose Putin style restrictions on any dissent. That would not surprise me.

Say what you want about Trump (like you do), but predicting what he's going to do tomorrow is a bad bet.  I'm hoping that works to the good- at least occasionally.

Maybe some mustard with the turd?

It will be good for some. The young and healthy but very bad for others. The current preexisting conditions thing will be changed radically and the subsidies will all go away and of course expanded Medicaid over.

14 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I sincerely hope that this is just a horrible coincidence.

I should think it probably is, I am not sure that Nazi's called them snowflakes at all, but it was written in a book by someone who lived near to one of the concentration camps that the ash would fall like snowflakes and it was tempting to put out your tongue to catch them, but they would burn you if you did.  I guess they were oblivious to the human origins of the ash or they probably would not of wanted to catch them hot or not!  Gross!

8 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Are those pro-democracy activists rioting against democracy? 

No, they are subjects of a democracy exercising their democratic right to protest against someone they do not agree with the policies of, it is kind of a fundamental of democracy.