Returning to U.K. after 11 years

Thanks JB300 and Rc2702, sometimes seeing you are not alone is pretty good. My Thai wife want's me to see a doctor but I am concerned if might affect my eligibility to fly. I lived with this supporting my father so am thinking I have some time for choices.
Thanks
Steve
Lop Buri

You know yourself best, but if it were me, I'd go somewhere & have a good checkup to see what the score was before jumping on a plane back home (if not just to keep the wife happy [emoji106]).

I can't see how they could affect your eligibility to fly unless the genuinely thought you weren't in which case, surely you're better of knowing!

Good Luck with whatever you decide to do.

Cheers

JB
  • Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, mark131v said:

Oh dear, what a boring tedious cheapskate you are

Just to make you feel better though if I am ever broke and in a bind and decide to leave home to live in Madchester  I will get a bus to save a couple of pence if it makes you happier 

Is that seriously the most important thing in your life? 

you must be thick you still dont get the point that they are charging you 20p less for a single ticket , its impossible for a single ticket to genuinly cost 20p less than a return but it happens in the uk and your thick enough to pay for it. there should be protests in uk about all the scams that go on including the MPs Expenses scam that is still going on !

11 hours ago, elliss said:

Go back as  a political  refugee ,  aka immigrant .

What  you have contributed to  the UK system in the past , now means   absolutely nothing .

We  have  lost it , forever ,   good  luck .

another scam by the government in uk , i had been paying my NI stamp for well over 30 years and because i was not upto date on a few months i was refused unemployment benefit at that time , yet if i had arrived at dover on a rowing boat and claimed refugee status i would have got a house , FREE driving lessons , housing benfit , unemployment benefit instead i would be at the back of the queue

3 hours ago, hottrader77 said:

you must be thick you still dont get the point that they are charging you 20p less for a single ticket , its impossible for a single ticket to genuinly cost 20p less than a return but it happens in the uk and your thick enough to pay for it. there should be protests in uk about all the scams that go on including the MPs Expenses scam that is still going on !

Edited by mark131v
links
5 hours ago, hottrader77 said:

You confuse costing with pricing. The pricing is based on what the market will bear. An understanding of economics will also show that there is a significant difference between average costs and marginal costs. UK trains for example will have a massive difference in pricing between for example travelling on Monday mornings/Friday afternoons and off peak, not based on costs differentiation but market differentiation. As for getting the hump with a 10p differentiation between the single and return prices of a ticket journey, that is trumped by the Hong Kong Airport Express. Single journeys are priced at 100HKD. Price of day return? 100HKD. Nothing to do with costs and very much to do with market segmentation. No need to throw a strop as there is the alternative of catching an Airport bus for 40HKD. Be careful labelling people thick as it might boomerang right back at you.

On 1/31/2017 at 11:09 PM, Shomethewaytothenext said:

Cool,

My parents address relates to hospital with a history of me, I can use it maybe.

Thank you

22 years british army.

Good for you ,  on a  army  pension ,  hope you are treated  with the  respect you deserve . 

Belfast in the seventies , i was there . 

7 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

No this guy's a hawkeye for a man in a dress. He's not projecting he really can spot a 3 legged woman from 50 metres.

Been there  and done  it mate ,  Patty  when   i was  so much younger  , than today .555

Edited by elliss
2 minutes ago, elliss said:

Been there  and done  it mate ,  patty  when   i was  so much younger  , than today .555

Now now Major Ellis had a few tins have we? So you been bending it over and calling him Rita nice to meet ya?

F uck it fair play

Edited by Rc2702
20 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Now now Major Ellis had a few tins have we? So you been bending it over and calling him Rita nice to meet ya?

F uck it fair play

FYI ,    Peter ,  is the name ,  i  have his/her  number , if you want  .. nickname jolly good .

Edited by elliss
7 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Petra you mean. She aged well?

Actually ,  she now  prefers to be  called Petal ,  smells  lovely  all over . 

What a good use of my Army  pension .

Money is not wasted , if  you  enjoy ,  oh you are awful , jub jub .

Edited by elliss
2 minutes ago, elliss said:

Actually ,  she now  prefers to be  called Petal ,  smells  lovely  all over . 

What a good use of my Army  pension .

Money is not wasted , if  you  enjoy ,  oh you are awful , jub jub .

Sod it who cares as long as your happy. Fair play Major.

9 hours ago, SheungWan said:

You confuse costing with pricing. The pricing is based on what the market will bear. An understanding of economics will also show that there is a significant difference between average costs and marginal costs. UK trains for example will have a massive difference in pricing between for example travelling on Monday mornings/Friday afternoons and off peak, not based on costs differentiation but market differentiation. As for getting the hump with a 10p differentiation between the single and return prices of a ticket journey, that is trumped by the Hong Kong Airport Express. Single journeys are priced at 100HKD. Price of day return? 100HKD. Nothing to do with costs and very much to do with market segmentation. No need to throw a strop as there is the alternative of catching an Airport bus for 40HKD. Be careful labelling people thick as it might boomerang right back at you.

2 people now that dont know they are getting ripped off its getting easier by the day , seems a good market to be in with these people around ha ha 

24 minutes ago, hottrader77 said:

2 people now that dont know they are getting ripped off its getting easier by the day , seems a good market to be in with these people around ha ha 

Jump on then son and maybe one day you will have a pair of 36 double dds all to yourself?

3 hours ago, hottrader77 said:

You really are a bit of a bore mate....

If I am ever so skint that I am worried by 20p price difference please take me to one side and put me down...

You do realise that just because you only want a single doesn't mean it will be half the price....you do know this don't you?

For the more solid amongst us try booking a single flight from anywhere in Europe to Los and see how that works out for you, wont be half price...

https://www.skyscanner.net/transport/flights/cdg/bkkt/170206/airfares-from-paris-charles-de-gaulle-to-bangkok-in-february-2017.html?adults=1&children=0&adultsv2=1&childrenv2=&infants=0&cabinclass=economy&rtn=0&preferdirects=false&outboundaltsenabled=false&inboundaltsenabled=false&ref=flights_seo_landing_page#results

By the way brains your pricing for the train is a little wrong much the same as flights really:

https://www.thetrainline.com/buytickets/combinedmatrix.aspx?Command=TimeTable#Journey/MANCHESTER/HORWICH PARKWAY/02/02/17/07/45/Leave After//////Leave After/1/0///OR

Just for the tranny watcher as it appears he aint the sharpest arrow in the quiver I have printed out the schedule for tomorrow morning

Manchester Victoria to Horwich Parkway

0 changes

Subtotal:£5.60Anytime Day Single

• Travel any time of day.

• Travel is allowed via any permitted route.

0 changes

RETURN

Any valid train

Subtotal:£8.50 Anytime Day Return

• Travel any time of day. Return same day.

5 hours ago, mark131v said:

You really are a bit of a bore mate....

If I am ever so skint that I am worried by 20p price difference please take me to one side and put me down...

You do realise that just because you only want a single doesn't mean it will be half the price....you do know this don't you?

For the more solid amongst us try booking a single flight from anywhere in Europe to Los and see how that works out for you, wont be half price...

https://www.skyscanner.net/transport/flights/cdg/bkkt/170206/airfares-from-paris-charles-de-gaulle-to-bangkok-in-february-2017.html?adults=1&children=0&adultsv2=1&childrenv2=&infants=0&cabinclass=economy&rtn=0&preferdirects=false&outboundaltsenabled=false&inboundaltsenabled=false&ref=flights_seo_landing_page#results

By the way brains your pricing for the train is a little wrong much the same as flights really:

https://www.thetrainline.com/buytickets/combinedmatrix.aspx?Command=TimeTable#Journey/MANCHESTER/HORWICH PARKWAY/02/02/17/07/45/Leave After//////Leave After/1/0///OR

Just for the tranny watcher as it appears he aint the sharpest arrow in the quiver I have printed out the schedule for tomorrow morning

0 changes

Subtotal:£5.60Anytime Day Single

• Travel any time of day.

0 changes

RETURN

Any valid train

Subtotal:£8.50 Anytime Day Return

• Travel any time of day. Return same day.

Mark you can get that flight for about 215/240 if you book within 2 days of the trip. I use fare compare but I've never looked at EU locations other than all london but If you simply want price concupiscence flight I'd sit tight and book 48 hours before flight.

That is from Gatwick mate but the point is you have to be flexible dates and area wise and look for the bargain flights to get a cheap flight, I don't dispute there are some out there however for the train I expect to go from where I want at the time I want so the Tranny watchers statement is a steaming pile of excrement much like his other statements really....

On 1/31/2017 at 11:09 PM, Shomethewaytothenext said:

Cool,

My parents address relates to hospital with a history of me, I can use it maybe.

Thank you

22 years british army.

Take a good look at the small print in the NHS charter. Veterans are  mentioned in detail, indeed I physically downloaded the applicable pages which covered my wife and children too but none of us needed to test it in the 3 weeks we were in UK. 

HTH

5 hours ago, evadgib said:

Take a good look at the small print in the NHS charter. Veterans are  mentioned in detail, indeed I physically downloaded the applicable pages which covered my wife and children too but none of us needed to test it in the 3 weeks we were in UK. 

HTH

Times are changing and we are much better looked after nowadays and rightly so...

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 4:18 PM, evadgib said:

HTH

Thanks for the info, I have gone though it but don't see anything applicable to me. I have gone through the aww chit stage - make a plan. My approach now is more pragmatic, I have time (I think). I hate some of the chit on this site but some of the members and information to help my life here have/has been gold.

TY

Steve 

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 10:02 PM, tj916 said:

Not sure where you are, but I know two old timers with heart problems who were very happy with their treatment and the cost, at the goverment hospital in Sattahip.

Might be worth a look.

Best of luck whatever you decide.

Thanks for the info, still undecided, perhaps I was looking too much at a visit home. That said I love my life here and the only jeopardy is losing my Thai & then UK emergency funds which might threaten that. Damn I used to be a decision maker ;-)

17 minutes ago, Shomethewaytothenext said:

I hate some of the chit on this site but some of the members and information to help my life here have/has been gold.

Steve 

Spot on mate , many of the posters on this site , are so bored they  have two choices ,

TV  or  Thai  movies , i prefer Thai movies . 

Sad to hear one has to return to the rat race.

Thailand might not be perfect, but for me, it is my final resting place, to think being cremated here in the village won't cost much and the Mrs will get 130 baht per household is satisfying 555

Best of luck in the transition.