Analysis - First days of Trump era signal America's deepening political divide

webfact

3 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

You don't seem able to get it. Whatever her merits or demerits may  be, her physical appearance is irrelevant. Except, of course, to someone who has problems with women.

Well give me three of her merits, that shouldn't be difficult for a world leader.

Two of her demerits are she's fat with no dress sense, how does that give me a problem with women, I'm merely stating a fact. Maybe you don't like Trump's hair, that would be Ok with me

I wouldn't get all wound up about it.

Just now, uptheos said:

Well give me three of her merits, that shouldn't be difficult for a world leader.

Two of her demerits are she's fat with no dress sense, how does that give me a problem with women, I'm merely stating a fact. Maybe you don't like Trump's hair, that would be Ok with me

Because you think it's relevant. It's not relevant.  If Angela Merkel had never let Syrian refugees into Germany, would you still be citing this nonsense?

Just now, ilostmypassword said:

Because you think it's relevant. It's not relevant.  If Angela Merkel had never let Syrian refugees into Germany, would you still be citing this nonsense?

If my uncle was a woman he's be my aunt......if if if

Of course I would.

Just now, pitrevie said:

So was Golda Meir but she was still quite a formidable lady, this is a quote from her, "Fashion is an imposition, a reign on freedom. "

Wish I had thought of that one. I don't have much use for her politically, but I would never be so shameless or so clueless as to think that her appearance was at all relevant.

6 minutes ago, uptheos said:

If I ever had any doubt that modern humans have Neanderthal genes, you've laid them to rest.

3 minutes ago, pitrevie said:

So was Golda Meir but she was still quite a formidable lady, this is a quote from her, "Fashion is an imposition, a reign on freedom. "

You can't compare the two, Golda Meirs brains allowed you to see pass anything physical

17 minutes ago, uptheos said:

You can't compare the two, Golda Meirs brains allowed you to see pass anything physical

Merkel has a doctorate in Chemistry and has been German Federal Chancellor since 2005 so she obviously doesn't lack brains whether you like her or not. 

What's really going to happen is the narcissistic left wing fascists are going to continue to lie and also claim that they are highly represented when they are not.  That was proved in the election.  It is not only real bad it has been real bad for a long time.  And it won't get any better until the liberals figure out that the world does not revolve around them and their self serving agenda.

Apart from your having no clue about what is a fascist, you are correct that the people you call liberals have a self serving agenda focused upon a myriad of social issues, all of which are secondary issues to the political economy. Meanwhile the majority of the 1% using their political vehicle, the Republican Party, are laser focused upon the political economy and have engineered the bulk of the existing capital into the hands of the few and have artfully set the rabble against one another over those very same social issues the "liberals" use to forge their self serving identity politics. They have divided and they will use the deserved hatred of Trump to conquer.

The OP will rue the day when he understands the true meaning of fascism when the government inevitably collapses under the ineptitude of the Trump regime.

Happy Trails

1 hour ago, uptheos said:

People with higher IQ tend to worry less about their physical appearance. I bet you dress very well.  

I don't think the world is prepared to accept Trump as POTUS.  However there isn't much they can do about it apart from protest on the streets and via the media.  Which, as we know, will have little effect if any at all.

The thing is no country can just turn their back and walk away from the USA.  And nor should they.  Let's not forget that up until now they have been the good guys and have (to a great extent) been a stabilising force in the world.  With Trump at the helm it is very likely that that will be reversed and they will become a de-stabilising influence.  That has to be the greatest fear.

Obama was a world leader but at times overly cautious and that had consequences.  On the other hand Trump won't be a "world leader" but with his knee-jerk responses he is unlikely to be cautious at all.