Pocket wifi again - DTAC

AGLV0121

My gf has a DTAC subscription.

We need internet access at resort (no local WIFI).

I tried, it works well. Problem is I am afraid I exceed what she is allowed monthly.

For one noone can tell us what the limit is

Then we ask DTAC Mukdahan what the rate is for monthly and I see minutes in this plan whereas I'd want no limit in usage time

Also, is it some plan I can order for one or two months only?

Can it be ordered from any DTAC reseller of only from Mukdahan DTAC center? (or whatever city)

Thanks in advance for any info

7 minutes ago, AGLV0121 said:

see minutes in this plan whereas I'd want no limit in usage time

A lot of the plans will include high speed 4g data for a set amount of data  say 1gigabyte per month after reaching the data limit  the speed is drastically throttled down but is "unlimited" data.

Best to go to the Dtac center to find which plan is best for you....there are a lot to choose.

Your post is confusing since you talk about your GF having a DTAC subscription then you go on to talk about "pocket" wifi !

Does she have a smart phone to use with her DTAC subscription ?  If yes, then most phones can become "hot spots" and share their data as WiFi so I don't understand the need for a "pocket wifi"

I have a mobile hotspot for which I have purchased a DTAC SIM and Data plan to suit my needs, which is primarily as an emergency back up when the home Internet goes down, or , when I need to use Google Maps when in the car.  Multiple devices using one DTAC data account via Wifi for Internet access 

So as others have stated go to the DTAC store and see what they can offer that is cheaper than using voice minutes for data usage  

Thanks for your reply.

>>>  Does she have a smart phone to use with her DTAC subscription ?  If yes, then most phones can become "hot spots" and share their data as WiFi so I don't understand the need for a "pocket wifi"

Yes, as stated, I already used her phone as a hot spot. Works fine. I used 'pocket-wifi' as I thought it was the correct phrasing for  the question

As for my needs, in terms of Gigabytes and for one moth or two, the DTAC store at Robinson Mukdahan talked minutes when I wanted a comprehensive plan.

51 minutes ago, johng said:

A lot of the plans will include high speed 4g data for a set amount of data  say 1gigabyte per month after reaching the data limit  the speed is drastically throttled down but is "unlimited" data.

Best to go to the Dtac center to find which plan is best for you....there are a lot to choose.

Thanks John

I'll visit them again today. But it's  hard to explain when I am on my own. Noone speaks English there. The difficult part is: does it entail a yearly subscription.

Gf is not here to help :(

I'll try though.

They have pre paid and post paid options. They don't normally tie you to a yearly contract unless you want to get one of the heavily subsidised phones.
With post paid account its possible to accidentally rack up a big montly charge that you only find out about the next month...less easy with the pre paid option.

ask about "internet my un"
(unlimited internet)

Thanks John, got it. Getting the package tomorrow. :)

On 1/23/2017 at 10:47 PM, Langsuan Man said:

Go to the DTAC web site ( English) and see what they offer, find what you want, print the page and take it to the shop and I am sure they will understand, despite the language barrier 

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/home.html

Yes just got the right package thanks. Freedom now, can use my computer out of home.

Archived