Singer Madonna defends 'blowing up the White House' remark

webfact

42 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Do you have dyslexia? Because that would be the only excuse for your characterization of her words.  She did not do anything like "telling to blow up the White House."

Here again is what she said:

"yes, I am angry. yes I am outraged. I have thought an awful lot about blowing up the WH. But I know that this won't change anything. We cannot fall into despair." Then she quoted Auden: " 'we must love one another, or die'  I choose love. Are you with me? Say this with me 'we choose love' "

no, I didn't read the exact words, I thought I could trust the titles. my mistake.

another proof that journalists can't be trusted.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Listen to her words in context.

There isn't talk of blowing up the white house if you take a minute with the context.

This wasn't a normal election and we don't have a normal president. We have a mentally bizarre president who is endangering the entire planet. A massive amount of DAMAGE can be done by such a loose cannon president in four years. Waiting for the next election (if there is one that is) is not going to cut it. That, bottom line, is why there needs to be a resistance movement, and indeed, there is one and it is growing and it will persist. Because trump will never pivot, he will never change. trump is trump and he seriously comes off as a nutcase. Just today he forced his press representative to announce that trump believes there were FIVE MILLION fraudulent voters in the election based on "evidence" that DOES NOT EXIST. We have entered something truly shocking and scary now in the USA and it does impact the world. 

Well, seems you are stuck with him anyway.

Talk is cheap. Trump seems to me to be a big MOUTH - I have reasonable hope that he will ACT in a more thought out manner.

Organizing resistance against Trump even BEFORE he did something really stupid is IMO premature as well as undemocratic, bordering on rebellion.

Even if you don't like him - and I frankly say I wouldn't have voted for him either - give the man a chance to prove himself.

On the other hand, his economic advisor Scaramucci laid out a very accurate understanding of today's economic problems at the WEF. I hope that Scaramucci will follow through on these ideas.

6 hours ago, manarak said:

no, I didn't read the exact words, I thought I could trust the titles. my mistake.

another proof that journalists can't be trusted.

You apparently didn't read any words other than those which popped up in your head ie 'telling to blow up the White House'. Plus a poor effort to blame the media for your error.

6 hours ago, manarak said:

Well, seems you are stuck with him anyway.

Talk is cheap. Trump seems to me to be a big MOUTH - I have reasonable hope that he will ACT in a more thought out manner.

Organizing resistance against Trump even BEFORE he did something really stupid is IMO premature as well as undemocratic, bordering on rebellion.

Even if you don't like him - and I frankly say I wouldn't have voted for him either - give the man a chance to prove himself.

On the other hand, his economic advisor Scaramucci laid out a very accurate understanding of today's economic problems at the WEF. I hope that Scaramucci will follow through on these ideas.

"Organizing resistance against Trump even BEFORE he did something really stupid is IMO premature as well as undemocratic, bordering on rebellion."

Clearly you have your own special version of the Constitution - one that lacks the 1st Amendment. Maybe you've got one of the 10 Commandments, too? 

Maybe she could revise her 'blowing up the white house' phrase to 'blowing a white horse'.  

More consistent with her favorite phrase...'suck a dick'.

Interesting that the Women's march let Madonna be a 'mouthpiece' for them.