Southern Thailand Documentary.

mercman24

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Any tips on accessing BBCiplayer whilst in Thailand?

The way i used to access it has now been blocked.

Try Hoxx VPN or Browsec  VPN , they have free versions, which work for me.

regards worgeordie

Regards the Documentary,  I have watched the 3 of them, South, Central, and the North,looks a lot better on film,

Plus also on BBC  Spy animals was very good, lifelike animals, remotely controlled so could get close to real animals

6 hours ago, Boycie said:

Any tips on accessing BBCiplayer whilst in Thailand?

The way i used to access it has now been blocked.

I've noticed that the episodes are also available on some torrent trackers, so you could download it that way, too.

20 minutes ago, nuakmuaynina said:

I liked the programmes and they were filmed beautifully, but I did laugh at some of the narration, going on about how Thais are kind to nature etc... When in my experience, they dump rubbish in the jungle and treat animals very badly. 

Agree... there are a few good Thai people about though, same as my native UK, most people don't respect nature.

Now I live here I see some Thai people burning the forests around my home, eating most of the wildlife, catching wild birds to put in cages, fighting their roosters, running over dogs and leaving sick ones to slowly die, farmers with malnourished cows and buffalo etc.

The funny thing that happens at a lake near my house every couple of years is a big group of students, local government workers, TV crew, etc come and plant about 100 trees.  Lots of music, pomp, big unveiling of signs and pictures and ribbons... all feels very lovely.  Then they all go home, leaving piles of plastic, rubbish, old food, all over the place and in the lake........

Then no one waters the trees.... farmers come and their cows eat them, then the grass and weeks grow up and someone comes with a strimmer and cops the last few down, then maybe burn all over the area.  I have seen them plant the trees 4 years... and not one single tree every survived!!!!

23 hours ago, mick220675 said:

They are very well made programs and very interesting, but you get the impression that the BBC were paid by TAT to produce them. I did not recognise the Thailand I know.

Hoorah, Thailand the greatest place on Earth a natural paradise,  surely....surely? youre mistaken ( sarcasmometer on)

As  others have said a bit too breathless for seasoned That watchers - but beautifully shot and presented. I get the feeling the BBC had some expensive offcuts from Planet Earth 2 and though given the current troubles with BBC Thai and Jonathon Head it might be diplomatic to offer something up to the government that was a great advert for Thailand and didn't pose and questions or comments about the political situation. A good call in my opinion will have gained some brownie points with Prayuth et al.

Edited by beautifulthailand99
typos