President Trump signs order to build Mexico border wall

webfact

What is so wrong about having a secure border with Mexico? Seems like a practical idea.

I hear Israel has a secure border wall that is quite effective with its hostile neighbors. 

The U.S. is under heightened attack levels. Why not make it more difficult to keep the bad guys out and keep America safe?

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, ivan96822 said:

What is so wrong about having a secure border with Mexico? Seems like a practical idea.

I hear Israel has a secure border wall that is quite effective with its hostile neighbors. 

The U.S. is under heightened attack levels. Why not make it more difficult to keep the bad guys out and keep America safe?

How about doing a little research (as opposed to Trump speak:  I hear ) and finding out that the barrier that was built by Israel is 242 kilometers long **

Trump's wall  will have to be 3,218.6 kilometers long *

(And trust me, the Arab countries did not pay for it )

Now do you see what is wrong with his idea ? 

sources: * http://www.newsmax.com/FastFeatures/U-SMexico-border-wall/2015/09/04/id/673637/

** http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Israel-completes-heightened-Egypt-border-fence-478840

People laugh at it and complain. But I live in Arizona I I can tell you the problem is bad.

The shootings in Phoenix are in certain areas and English is not the primary language in these areas.

The areas are not small one area I can think of is about 7 x 10. Another area the Greenway corridor is one of the highest crime rates in the city.

I travel with a firearm because my job requires I go into these neighborhoods. I've been harassed I've been asked why I don't speak Spanish. The problem is so bad there is no respect for the country in witch they live.

One customer told me he is upset with his daughter for naming her son Brian and not a strong Mexican name like Miguel. Yup my name is brian just like the name on my shirt. If the illegal Mexicans are so important to Mexico then Mexico would build a wall to keep them in.

$28 billion dollars is sent from the USA to South America and that money is not put back in to the American economy.

Pulled into a burger joint on the north side of the Gee Gee bridge in San Fran a couple of years back.

had to use the old finger pointing technique to order, as it was a fully Spanish speaking place.... eye opening for me.

3 hours ago, farcanell said:

Pulled into a burger joint on the north side of the Gee Gee bridge in San Fran a couple of years back.

had to use the old finger pointing technique to order, as it was a fully Spanish speaking place.... eye opening for me.

A burger joint in Marin County where none of the staff spoke English? I do not believe you. Perhaps you can't tell a burger from a burrito. 

5 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

How about doing a little research (as opposed to Trump speak:  I hear ) and finding out that the barrier that was built by Israel is 242 kilometers long **

Trump's wall  will have to be 3,218.6 kilometers long *

(And trust me, the Arab countries did not pay for it )

Now do you see what is wrong with his idea ? 

sources: * http://www.newsmax.com/FastFeatures/U-SMexico-border-wall/2015/09/04/id/673637/

** http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Israel-completes-heightened-Egypt-border-fence-478840

The length of the Great Wall of Ming Dynasty (1368-1644) was 5,500.3 miles (8,851.8 kilometers) so your point is.

The Fiscal Burden of Illegal Immigration on California Taxpayers (2014)
The Fiscal Burden of Illegal Immigration on California Taxpayers (2014)Californians bear an enormous fiscal burden as a result of an illegal alien population estimated at almost 3 million residents. The annual expenditure of state and local tax dollars on services for that population is $25.3 billion. That total amounts to a yearly burden of about $2,370 for a household headed by a U.S. citizen

23 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

Actually, Mexico has already hinted at not enforcing immigration laws on its southern border if Trump nullifies Nafta. It will just let those those Central Americans through and wish them bon voyage on their way to the USA. And their numbers are rapidly rising.

Ilostmypassword I am just wondering what state in America are you from and when was the last time you were there

On 1/29/2017 at 4:00 PM, ilostmypassword said:

Actually, Mexico has already hinted at not enforcing immigration laws on its southern border if Trump nullifies Nafta. It will just let those those Central Americans through and wish them bon voyage on their way to the USA. And their numbers are rapidly rising.

1 hour ago, USPatriot said:

Ilostmypassword I am just wondering what state in America are you from and when was the last time you were there

USPatriot I am just wondering what possible relevance this has to the validity of my comment.

3 hours ago, USPatriot said:

The length of the Great Wall of Ming Dynasty (1368-1644) was 5,500.3 miles (8,851.8 kilometers) so your point is

That the Mexican border is a hell of a lot longer than the 242 kilometers long barrier that Israel built 

3 hours ago, USPatriot said:

Californians bear an enormous fiscal burden as a result of an illegal alien population estimated at almost 3 million residents. The annual expenditure of state and local tax dollars on services for that population is $25.3 billion. That total amounts to a yearly burden of about $2,370 for a household headed by a U.S. citizen

Then how come two of California's largest cities are sanctuary cities (Los Angeles and San Francisco) and approximately a dozen more have declared themselves as being sanctuary cities ?  

21 hours ago, ivan96822 said:

You mean the wall shown below? Not seeing the big difference in effectiveness between that and the current border fence (shown in post 166).

29e9feedfe82f436aee9a24499c01406fc8967b1