Read my lips: No political amnesty, Prayut says

webfact

50 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

It's not just beach chairs and bike lanes. Basically anybody could claim public land/space, setup a business, and charge others to use the public space, or prevent you from using it because it was their business area. This happened a lot on public beaches and in the National Parks and forests for hundreds of acres of land. In the parks, dozens of resorts were built illegally, just by greasing hands. Millions of baht in park fees were also missing.

The guardians of public land, property, services would allow almost anything to occur with a little grease. Some public service employees, didn't do their jobs, unless they were greased by the requester. The elected officials didn't do anything to stop these types of actions.

Do some research to find all of the good changes that have happened while the General has been in charge.

Quite. Clearing beaches of deckchairs and talking about that corruption over there is a real justification to seize control of the state indefinitely and rule by decree...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, aussieinthailand said:

Ok let's put it to a test, The junta leader has fixed the lotto arranged some beach chairs had a few bike lanes put in, arrested his opponents, arrested any that critisize him and his gov't or the new constitution just for a start.

Now Thaksin national health care.  BOOM just one policy and your hero has been blown out of the water mate.........! 

The Prime Minister has brought peace and stability to Thailand during a time of political upheaval and through the recent sad events. I think the people can wait for democracy one more year as we are watched over by the men in green who keep the land in peace and harmony.

Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers.

Amen

Edited by Wilsonandson

4 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

The Prime Minister has brought peace and stability to Thailand during a time of political upheaval and through the recent sad events. I think the people can wait for democracy one more year as we are watched over by the men in green who keep the land in peace and harmony.

Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers.

Amen

The people should not have had their election pushed aside by threat of force nor should they be made to wait for no tangible benefits.  They have showed great restraint during this whole abomination.  Never bought that whole brink of civil war nonsense.   The most wicked thing you can do is deny people their choices in life by threats of violence. 

7 hours ago, tukkytuktuk said:

Yes approved by the people constitution. The military have always been in charge and maybe the people want this to continue. Maybe its the price to pay for a less corrupt government. Better the devil you know (military control with a semi Democratic government) than the devil you don't (a fully Democratic government).

The Arab spring hasn't been successful transition of power and this effects other countries attitudes to the best way to go forward. A leap into the unknown of a fully Democratic Thailand scares it's people who prefer old traditional methods of governance than western Democratic ideals.

The constitution was "approved" in a referendum in which the government bombarded the people with propaganda, people weren't allowed to criticize the constitution, the vote and vote count weren't independently monitored, and the only choice was a constitution written for the military or one to be chosen later by the military.  Anyone who thinks that is a legitimate "people constitution" is in serious denial of reality.

The people want the military in charge?  Why no elections? Why was one of the first acts of the military government to ban calls for an election?  Could it be because everyone who is not in denial of reality knows that the people don't want the military in charge?

Military rule is the price of less corrupt government? Your delusions continue.

Quite. Clearing beaches of deckchairs and talking about that corruption over there is a real justification to seize control of the state indefinitely and rule by decree...

I think you should give credit where credit is due.

He has also installed a 2 cm pipe to supply water to a Pattaya condominium building...

13 hours ago, Banana7 said:

It's not just beach chairs and bike lanes. Basically anybody could claim public land/space, setup a business, and charge others to use the public space, or prevent you from using it because it was their business area. This happened a lot on public beaches and in the National Parks and forests for hundreds of acres of land. In the parks, dozens of resorts were built illegally, just by greasing hands. Millions of baht in park fees were also missing.

The guardians of public land, property, services would allow almost anything to occur with a little grease. Some public service employees, didn't do their jobs, unless they were greased by the requester. The elected officials didn't do anything to stop these types of actions.

Do some research to find all of the good changes that have happened while the General has been in charge.

Anyone that has spent time in LOS knows the beach chair scam as well as parks and other corrupt activities by gov't officials not acting before an under the table incentive is paid and has been going on for a very long time.

Yes some of this has been cleaned up but by no stretch of the imagination is it finished, which makes it a policy in progress and still will be in the future.

My point is name one policy that the junta has implemented and has had a greater benefit to the people than the national health care policy under Thaksin...???   what work out Wednesday's???

Yes there was corruption under his government, and yes there is corruption today under the junta.

Was there peace under other gov't in the past yes was there unrest? yes. And the same apply's with every junta in Thailand's history...

I wonder how well the military would stack up in corruption perception against a elected gov't?

Do some research to find all the good changes that have happened while Thaksin has been in charge.

On Thursday, January 26, 2017 at 4:33 PM, johnnytuc said:

I keep reading this looking for the sarcasm.................but I think he means it!

I come to Thailand since 1990, I live here since 1998. 

The last years with the Military Government are the best in my opinion, all other years had been most times full of unrest in society and even deadly confrontations.

I was just driving threw North Thailand from Sakhon Nakhon to Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Nan, Mae Hong Son, Mae Sot Umphang, Tak, Loei ect. 

Roads are good or are being improved now. Big projects built in many places.

I do not know why many want the unsecure Mad Times back who come for sure with early new elections and Thaksins influence. 

By the way, I live in a small village in middle between Sakhon Nakhon and Udon Thani.

Life is running here same it was 1998 when I came. 

Quiet and peacefull. No problems all smiles and when I ask about Thaksin and the now Government I hear now, less pro Thaksin voices and more pro Prajuth opinions.

On 26/1/2560 at 11:09 AM, Reigntax said:

The more the military can create conflict amongst the Thai population, the greater the power they have to control the country's direction. Or at least how fast it moves backwards.

Thai people will only put up with this guy for so long. Once they say enough is enough.

They will camp out on Sukhumvit; but this time it will be both Red and Yellow.

9 minutes ago, Blindedbythelight said:

Thai people will only put up with this guy for so long. Once they say enough is enough.

They will camp out on Sukhumvit; but this time it will be both Red and Yellow.

Well lets hope they dont leave it too late.

I suppose Prayuth will then try to take credit for bringing red and yellow together under his reconcilliation roadmap.

1 hour ago, ALFREDO said:

I come to Thailand since 1990, I live here since 1998. 

The last years with the Military Government are the best in my opinion, all other years had been most times full of unrest in society and even deadly confrontations.

I was just driving threw North Thailand from Sakhon Nakhon to Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Nan, Mae Hong Son, Mae Sot Umphang, Tak, Loei ect. 

Roads are good or are being improved now. Big projects built in many places.

I do not know why many want the unsecure Mad Times back who come for sure with early new elections and Thaksins influence. 

By the way, I live in a small village in middle between Sakhon Nakhon and Udon Thani.

Life is running here same it was 1998 when I came. 

Quiet and peacefull. No problems all smiles and when I ask about Thaksin and the now Government I hear now, less pro Thaksin voices and more pro Prajuth opinions.

Much the same could have been said about a driving tour of Southern Germany in 1937 or so...

Then the wheels came off.

They're quite likely to come off here too, eventually.

12 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

I hope it does.No need for Generals once the Lefty Mob are ignored.But that won't happen,mob rule by the masses seems to be favorable these days , not hard workers and wealth creators,the Mobs Enemy.!!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Even more detached from reality.  Do you think it was a lefty mob that gave the generals an excuse for the coup?

1 hour ago, Ace of Pop said:

Alfredo ,you just baited the hook for the Lefty Entitled Generation .Brace for the Bleeding Heart Teachers to have a go at You

Yeah, damn those poxy lefties and their affordable healthcare, social housing, education for all, heath & safety in the workplace, social safety nets, state pensions... Look how much better off we all were in the time of Dickens.

12 hours ago, JAG said:

Much the same could have been said about a driving tour of Southern Germany in 1937 or so...

Then the wheels came off.

They're quite likely to come off here too, eventually.

Far fetched.

So you think, Prajut will threaten his neighbours, annex  then neighbour countries same Austria and Chechoslovakia and make war with neighbour Poland, France and Great Britain?

That and on the end his war with the Soviet Union destroyed Germany from outside.

Not much comparison with Thailands situation. ?

2 hours ago, ALFREDO said:

Far fetched.

So you think, Prajut will threaten his neighbours, annex  then neighbour countries same Austria and Chechoslovakia and make war with neighbour Poland, France and Great Britain?

That and on the end his war with the Soviet Union destroyed Germany from outside.

Not much comparison with Thailands situation. ?

As many have stated on this forum, fascists would say "at least we got the trains to run on time".  Fixing a few roads, managing beach chairs and bike lanes are not restitution for setting aside the Thai people's vote and taking over the country by force.  Your examples of junta progress are frivolous.

Edited by yellowboat

Far fetched.

Not much comparison with Thailands situation. [emoji48]

You take the comparison too literally.

The parallel is where you claim that the Junta is doing great things, and that because some people tell you what you want to hear, then all is well, everyone is happy and the future will be bright.

You fail to consider, or ignore, the suppression of political opinion, activity, freedom of speech, freedom of association and many other rights that the Thai people had and that the junta have taken away.

But then maybe as that doesn't affect you personally, you think that it's a price worth paying?

3 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

One things sure Jag will never own one .What rights have been taken away , no one in our area has noticed if you care to ask them

Nothing to do with the car - JAG are my initials, so as jibes go it fell a bit flat - sorry.

As for what rights have been taken away, well if you don't understand that there is no point continuing...

28 minutes ago, JAG said:

Nothing to do with the car - JAG are my initials, so as jibes go it fell a bit flat - sorry.

As for what rights have been taken away, well if you don't understand that there is no point continuing...

Depends what you call rights i suppose, the rights of the majority, or the rights few bother about, ones that malcontents find handy for rebel rousing  attain their own ends Thaksin Style.

3 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

Depends what you call rights i suppose, the rights of the majority, or the rights few bother about, ones that malcontents find handy for rebel rousing  attain their own ends Thaksin Style.

Freedom of speech, assembly, press to name a few. The right not to be taken prisoner in a militairy base without arrest warrent or due process. One would think those are rights very few people do NOT care about...

On 27/01/2017 at 5:00 PM, Banana7 said:

No joke! Real prices. I heard it directly from the condo committee chairman.

A year ago, the condo had no municipal water, all water was trucked in. The water authority refused to connect the condo. They wouldn't give a written proposal to connect. Finally the condo contacted the Army and the condo now enjoys a 2cm pipe, but really needs a minimum 10cm pipe. The 10cm steel water authority pipe is at the condo but the water authority won't take the cap off, and drilled and connected only a 2cm pipe. But still no written cost or proposal 2 years later.

Some say that the reason for no written proposal is that it is just 1 or 2 hour job to put in the water meter and take the cap off and someone in the water authority wants to be greased at about 1-1.5 million baht to order the work.

Yeah you didn't get my point. Still nice to see you got your priorities straight.

7 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Freedom of speech, assembly, press to name a few. The right not to be taken prisoner in a militairy base without arrest warrent or due process. One would think those are rights very few people do NOT care about...

It might be a right a dissident lefty may miss,but the Girls in 7/11, my Wifes Family dont miss or care about, neither do i.Now if i was intent on upsetting the Establishment id be spitting my dummie out at  any laws that didnt suit me, and having to obay a few rules is awfull. !! Or id be a fan of Robert Peston, a most disgusting reporter on Brit T.V.

Just now, Ace of Pop said:

It might be a right a dissident lefty may miss,but the Girls in 7/11, my Wifes Family dont miss or care about, neither do i.Now if i was intent on upsetting the Establishment id be spitting my dummie out at  any laws that didnt suit me, and having to obay a few rules is awfull. !! Or id be a fan of Robert Peston, a most disgusting reporter on Brit T.V.

Those are an integral part of universal human rights, and yes they apply not only to 'lefties' they apply to all people.

I am sure many, if not all 7-11 girls do care, any normal person would..

8 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Those are an integral part of universal human rights, and yes they apply not only to 'lefties' they apply to all people.

I am sure many, if not all 7-11 girls do care, any normal person would..

OK, i will add "Loveies" then, a bit like Anti Foxhunt folk ,who use the Fox as cover to hide their dislike of that class of Huntin Brit. Im not Pro Hunt but dislike those unwashed nit wits,........bit like the bleaters here i suppose. Must admit i was one of the worst, "Not Fair Bleaters" when young 100 years ago.:stoner: