Thai android TV box works in US?

Johpa

2 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Check that the power adapter accepts 110V. And remove any pre-installed torrent clients, etc.

I purchased one in Thailand and use it successfully in the US.  Did not make any changes and the power supply takes 110-240 so not an issue.  If your power supply is not dual voltage I expect you could just buy one in the US to use with the android box.  Mine has a round connection so the actual power supply is changeable if necessary.  US internet speeds tend to be faster than many of the Thailand connections so no issues there. 

The only thing you may run into when moving an android TV box to another country are geo-location aware apps that won't function when the device is located outside its app's licensed or operational area.

Some Thai ISPs sell Internet TV boxes (actually android TV boxes) with IPTV-like applications used to deliver TV and Movie programming via Internet (instead of via over-the-air, via Cable, or Satellite), and those apps may not function if outside of Thailand.

Otherwise, as already mentioned, check the power supply to make sure it is spec'd to operate on your country's electrical current.  

33 minutes ago, RichCor said:

The only thing you may run into when moving an android TV box to another country are geo-location aware apps that won't function when the device is located outside its app's licensed or operational area.

Some Thai ISPs sell Internet TV boxes (actually android TV boxes) with IPTV-like applications used to deliver TV and Movie programming via Internet (instead of via over-the-air, via Cable, or Satellite), and those apps may not function if outside of Thailand.

Otherwise, as already mentioned, check the power supply to make sure it is spec'd to operate on your country's electrical current.  

Easy option reset box completely when using over there but personaly I have 2 android boxes which were bought in UK been all over the world using them never had a problem.

Isn't discussion of illegal activities forbidden in here?

Sure you can't expect your 800 Baht a month (illegal!) IPTV subscription to be a real competition to your local cable for ~$100 when they actually have to pay royalties. If you want to steal content, you might as well just torrent and not support your local content mafia.

Archived