Dodgy Kebab In Lamai

Well my advise is,if it's not thia food don't eat it without thinking about it put it this way have you ever seen a lamb running around samui?So where does the lamb come from,not to appealing a thought is it even if the owner say's he get's frozen lamb from where ever,what i mean is not to many places have a fridge freezer more like a ice mountain out back they top up everyday.

So just step back and think about it even if the munches are kicking in.

happy eating :o

Ever seen a Lamb in Samui ???

Course we have they run around barking at motorcycles and have been know to lick their genitalia..

at least they dont get buggered like the Kiwi ones.. :D

Ahmmm I made good friends with a sheep yesterday. It liked my gum boots. :D

Were they the Designer Gucci Pink ones.. :D:D

Most bacteria settle on the surface of meat....so if you cook a steak, so long as the outside has been seared it's safe to eat the rest raw.

If you mince or chop meat and then reform it into a burger or kebab, you are mixing the bacteria into the inside of the meat, then storing at "chill serve" of 5C is just about OK, but in Thailand with the climate and untrained handlers, the bacteria get to breed rapidly. If you chop the meat & put it on a stick Thai style the surfaces are still open and the bacteria are killed. Once the bacteria are in sufficient quantities in your gut they will produce a toxin which results in all the usual stuff.

It is worth remembering that food poisoning can take up to a week to make itself felt, so it's not always a case of blaming the last thing you eat, but eating "western" style fast food is also the fast root to food poisoning.

I was in lamai last month and passed the place every day never did buy one as I never seen anyone eating there. Also I cant remeber what their response was when I asked if they had Garlic sauce.

I have to admit that prior to getting my Kebab from there, I had passed by a few times and saw it empty. I made the mistake of trying an "empty place".

It is worth remembering that food poisoning can take up to a week to make itself felt, so it's not always a case of blaming the last thing you eat, but eating "western" style fast food is also the fast root to food poisoning.

Point taken, but I am certain that I got my food poisoning from this place.

put it this way have you ever seen a lamb running around samui?So where does the lamb come from?

Exactly! Like, have you ever seen any oysters running around here? Or cows? Or lobsters? Where do all the lobsters come from? Are they shipped here from Maine?

My advice is, if it doesn't come out of a can, don't eat it!

put it this way have you ever seen a lamb running around samui?So where does the lamb come from?

Exactly! Like, have you ever seen any oysters running around here? Or cows? Or lobsters? Where do all the lobsters come from? Are they shipped here from Maine?

My God we got a live one here..

Better keep away from the Bars..

The Girls dont come out of cans, only the beer sometimes does..

:o:D:D:D

hey i know that place,its just off the main drag where they have some stalls selling gifts.if i remember rightly my m8 was going to get some food out of there but like someone said id been past it quite a few time and saw not a single soul inside.thankfully my m8 saw sense and gave it a miss.

on another note does anyone now the name&number if poss of the hotel/guesthouse thats right next to dk soulfood.thanks

hey i know that place,its just off the main drag where they have some stalls selling gifts.if i remember rightly my m8 was going to get some food out of there but like someone said id been past it quite a few time and saw not a single soul inside.thankfully my m8 saw sense and gave it a miss.

on another note does anyone now the name&number if poss of the hotel/guesthouse thats right next to dk soulfood.thanks

Lamai Plaza Residence

077 233 279 Fax. 077 232 027 :o:D :D

Actually, the lobsters they are selling aren't really the kinds of lobsters you are thinking about but are rather spiny lobsters also called rock lobsters or sea crayfish. Jasus novaehollandiae and Jasus edwardsii.

Actually, the lobsters they are selling aren't really the kinds of lobsters you are thinking about but are rather spiny lobsters also called rock lobsters or sea crayfish. Jasus novaehollandiae and Jasus edwardsii.

Jasus. Very apt today. :o:D :D

• 3 months later...

well i have to let people know that the grub from dk soulfood isnt so bad.

while i was in samui over christmas and the new year i ate from that shopon 2 ocastions and lived to tell the tale.

during my stay we had ver heavy rain for 2 night/days solid and when my midnight munchies used to come on dk was the only place i could go to without getting wet.

never tried there kebabs though,gotta say there burgers are very good as are there subwhices and bagels only down side its really exspensive for what it is.

well i have to let people know that the grub from dk soulfood isnt so bad.

while i was in samui over christmas and the new year i ate from that shopon 2 ocastions and lived to tell the tale.

during my stay we had ver heavy rain for 2 night/days solid and when my midnight munchies used to come on dk was the only place i could go to without getting wet.

never tried there kebabs though,gotta say there burgers are very good as are there subwhices and bagels only down side its really exspensive for what it is.

I agree, i have been in there many many times with no promblem what so ever. Had a Lamb Donar last night which was Fantastic!!

Also Dk is one of the most cleanest places with regards to food preperation i have seen in Samui!