Will Internet Tv Arrive In Thailand?

danone

am about to cancel UBC and get a satellite. but then again:

innovation in this sector heats up. TRUE already launched IPTV.

are satellites soon a thing of the past?

or is it possible already to get TV channels such as CNN, BBC and movies over a broadband connection?

It's even possible to get them for free via programs like TVUPlayer (though with very dodgy licensing issues).

If you get satellite, at least for the moment you'll surely have better picture quality then from an IPTV-based system, with the caveat that it will get screwed up if it rains. I guess you just have to choose what's more important. Personally, I wouldn't go for IPTV yet, the added broadband speed can be better used in other ways.

am about to cancel UBC and get a satellite. but then again:

innovation in this sector heats up. TRUE already launched IPTV.

are satellites soon a thing of the past?

or is it possible already to get TV channels such as CNN, BBC and movies over a broadband connection?

Hi danone,

Satellite TV discuss is a touchy subject on this forum. I would advise to go to one the following satellite forums to read and ask questions:

http://www.jsat.tv/

http://www.rdi-sat.com/

http://www.maldiviandigital.com/index.php?

http://www.satelliteforum.net/

Greg

When home in Chiang Mai, i use my dsl connection to watch CBS, NBC, Fox, CNN, CNBC, ESPN, and others. I like watching the late night programming from the usa in the afternoon. The TVU Player is my favorite way to access them. www.tvunetworks.com.

Thanks for that. I too am using it from CM on a 512 dsl and it works great. It only runs on windows and I run Apple but no problem under parallels (which runs XP)

excellent recommendation!!!!!!

When home in Chiang Mai, i use my dsl connection to watch CBS, NBC, Fox, CNN, CNBC, ESPN, and others. I like watching the late night programming from the usa in the afternoon. The TVU Player is my favorite way to access them. www.tvunetworks.com.

Thanks for that. I too am using it from CM on a 512 dsl and it works great. It only runs on windows and I run Apple but no problem under parallels (which runs XP)

512 line? Hmm, I have 1024 maxnet, and it is impossible to watch - lagging all the time, may I ask what internet service provider you have?

512 line? Hmm, I have 1024 maxnet, and it is impossible to watch - lagging all the time, may I ask what internet service provider you have?

Maxnet. Technically I upgraded from 512 to 1024 about a month ago but never get over 512 so I don't think they have performed the change yet or something is not right so for now I am calling it 512 and should call them and complain.

When I first start the feed it takes a couple of minutes but I think it adaptively buffers the feed or perhaps does some sort of transmission optimization. Its been pretty good quality. Once in a while it gets choppy but not bad at all.

Because it takes a while to buffer switching channels very often is druggery.

I have TOT. I'm paying for 1024kbps but they emphatically warned me at the TOT office I would never get 1024 kbps and would be wasting my money due to the distance from TOT. I orginally had 512 and was warned about that too but since I was getting around 300kbps with the 512 option I knew I would get more than 512kbps with the 1024 option. I was right and I get about 800kbps which runs most videos.

Comedy central is another great channel to watch either on TVU or from the comedy central website. It's loaded with great clips from shows such as the Daily Show or South Park.

The high bandwidth also allows me to watch the NFL games on days like Thanksgiving and New Years which are not broadcast here in Thailand. As always, NFL game commercials are fun to watch too.

Maxnet. Technically I upgraded from 512 to 1024 about a month ago but never get over 512 so I don't think they have performed the change yet or something is not right so for now I am calling it 512 and should call them and complain.

When I first start the feed it takes a couple of minutes but I think it adaptively buffers the feed or perhaps does some sort of transmission optimization. Its been pretty good quality. Once in a while it gets choppy but not bad at all.

Because it takes a while to buffer switching channels very often is druggery.

What do TT&T charge for 1024 these days?

excellent recommendation!!!!!!

tks for that, am running apple as well - what you mean with parallels? got a non-intel apple - guess you mean the new apple line-up?