Nan (city) accomadations

Spaniel

Wife and I are finally  leaving for our road trip from Bangkok to Nan on Monday.   Probably stop off in Sukhothai for the night then on to Nan (city) on Tuesday.   Any suggestions for a hotel at around B1000?      Understand Pua is interesting and a visit to the Ban Huannam mushroom farm is worth a stop.    Has anyone ever heard of the Homestay Tanong in Pua?     Lake Sirikit, Bo Kluai?       Any sightseeing info appreciated.    Will probably be on the road a couple of weeks before returning to Bangkok.

Hi Spaniel,

If u want to go to Nan, stay on road 11 from Uttaradit to Den Chai, Phrae , Rong Kwang , Wiang Sa , Nan ;

don't go by rsecondary roads : Nam Pat, Ban Pak Nai ( Fishermen village ),  Na Muen, Na Noi, Wiang Sa;

There is no bridge over the lake Sirikit and if there was a very little ferry boat in 2010; it was closed in 2011; now,in 2017 , I don't know; maybe a new ferry but be careful, if no ferry it's a dead end road .

Bo Kleua is to be seen ..

How they dig the ground to pick brine and what they do with that brine..

The ferry for two cars in 2010

26783792074_f0a026f6fc_b.jpg

Maybe, one day in the futur there will be a bridge..We can still have a dream ...:cheesy:

26784587373_0ede3b0aca_b.jpg

Bo Kleua

27391426245_62bb7992c4_b.jpg

27115674160_dd1e0bfb73_b.jpg

About Nan, hope you love the " Reds " it's a Thaksin town :shock1:

There are some beautiful shops where u can buy nices and not expensive clothes

27274636571_364f640801_b.jpg

26738488513_be02d4df70_b.jpg

Close to that shop, there is a big and beautiful hotel; I don't remember the name