Five dead in Quebec City mosque shooting -mosque president

webfact

38 minutes ago, Thechook said:

So the president of the mosque says it's barbaric and condemned the act but when terrorists acts occur around the world you never hear boo from these people.

What nonsense. Will every church in the world condemn these murders by this pro Trunp  (as described by fellow student) nut-job. 

Looks as though it has been confirmed the arrested individual, Alexandre Bissonnette, was a white far right activist & now an alleged mass murderer.

Mr. Bissonnette’s online profile and school friendships revealed little interest in extremist politics until last March when French nationalist leader Marine Le Pen visited Quebec City and inspired Mr. Bissonnette to vocal extreme online activism, according to people who clashed with him.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/quebec-city-mosque-attack-suspect-known-for-right-wing-online-posts/article33833044/

26 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Looks as though it has been confirmed the arrested individual, Alexandre Bissonnette, was a white far right activist & now an alleged mass murderer.

Mr. Bissonnette’s online profile and school friendships revealed little interest in extremist politics until last March when French nationalist leader Marine Le Pen visited Quebec City and inspired Mr. Bissonnette to vocal extreme online activism, according to people who clashed with him.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/quebec-city-mosque-attack-suspect-known-for-right-wing-online-posts/article33833044/

" Both men are believed to be Muslim. "   Did you forget that bit?

6 minutes ago, halloween said:

" Both men are believed to be Muslim. "   Did you forget that bit?

Where does it make that claim in the article I posted or did you get the info from an alt right false news site? 

The article naming the person charged is emphatic in it's claim the guy is an extreme right sympathiser, not an extremist Muslim. As far as I can ascertain, so far only one person has been arrested & charged, not two or more

Law enforcement sources confirmed to NBC on Monday afternoon that Bissonnette is the sole suspect in the shooting, though police initially apprehended two suspects. The second person apprehended by police is now considered a witness, and not a suspect.

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/quebec-mosque-suspect-alexandre-bisonnette-is-an-internet-troll-2017-1?r=US&IR=T

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

Where does it make that claim in the article I posted or did you get the info from an alt right false news site? 

The article naming the person charged is emphatic in it's claim the guy is an extreme right sympathiser, not an extremist Muslim. As far as I can ascertain, so far only one person has been arrested & charged, not two or more

Law enforcement sources confirmed to NBC on Monday afternoon that Bissonnette is the sole suspect in the shooting, though police initially apprehended two suspects. The second person apprehended by police is now considered a witness, and not a suspect.

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/quebec-mosque-suspect-alexandre-bisonnette-is-an-internet-troll-2017-1?r=US&IR=T

Read today's BP.

27 minutes ago, halloween said:

Read today's BP.

27 minutes ago, halloween said:

Read today's BP.

"Both men are believed to be Muslim" , which was incorrect. The only person charged so far is the right wing admirer of le Pen whom I really doubt is a devoted follower of an Islamic extremist ideology.

Edited by simple1

2 hours ago, simple1 said:

I had to look up the definition of mass murder - and indeed he qualifies. But barely so, as the FBI sets the mass murder bar at 4 victims. I think that's pretty low.

1 hour ago, halloween said:

No, nor did I ever state that it was. BP was my first news source of the day.

LOL!

In response to my post #35 you posted  " Both men are believed to be Muslim. "   Did you forget that bit?

19 hours ago, surangw said:

disgusting

but seems to generate more media than  muslims killing muslims in  their home countries

In the Western media for sure. They only seem interested when terrorists, of whatever religious or political persuasion, attack in Australia, Europe or North America etc. and only report attacks elsewhere if the victims include people from those countries.

15 hours ago, Thechook said:

So the president of the mosque says it's barbaric and condemned the act but when terrorists acts occur around the world you never hear boo from these people.

As has been pointed out every time someone makes that ignorant comment, Muslims, from religious and political leaders and spokespeople to individuals,  regularly condemn acts of violence and murder committed by, and the aims of, ISIS and other Islamic terrorists.

Teen Makes Spreadsheet Of Muslim Groups Denouncing Terrorism

Heraa is also a Muslim American and an Indian American. So when a fellow student challenged her by claiming that Muslims never denounce acts of terrorism carried out in the name of Islam, she decided to show him the receipts. The result was Worldwide Muslims Condemn List — a spreadsheet with 5,720 instances of Muslim groups and leaders denouncing various acts of terrorism.

Do a proper search and you'll find many, many more instances as well.

This condemnation seldom get reported in the Western media; "Muslims commit another act of terror" sells papers and gets hits on websites; "Muslims condemn Islamic terrorism" doesn't!