Non-o for retirement visa from Vientiane

Makes me crazy :)

A income letter when 800.000 bahts in bank is a legit solo requirement ?...

I should the reconsider Vientiane with a criminal and medical record (from Thailand ?) witch i can get... ?

A little bit worried since those info looks like Thailand is not very willing to have retiree now ?...

7 minutes ago, Sambotte said:

Makes me crazy :)

A income letter when 800.000 bahts in bank is a legit solo requirement ?...

I should the reconsider Vientiane with a criminal and medical record (from Thailand ?) witch i can get... ?

A little bit worried since those info looks like Thailand is not very willing to have retiree now ?...

Getting one from a nearby embassy or consulate is not the only option.

You can also apply at an immigration office to the get the 90 day non immigrant visa entry needed to apply for the extension based on retirement.

Recent reports indicate more local offices are able to accept an application for the visa.

So... HA ha... Better Vientiane then ?

Ha no lol :

http://www.pcscenter.sb.police.go.th/eng/news-detail-eng.php?lang=eng&newskey=28

"The Police Clearance Center would like to inform you that a Certificate processing period is approximately 30 business days. This announcement is affective from 21 July 2015."

Of course... :) Makes something like 1 month and half to get this document...

Still lost and more and more actually...

So... Well, still have 2 weeks to figure it out :)

Vientiane looks a no-go because of the requested criminal record witch takes more than one month...

Then should i try Savannakhet with money proofs, no pension ? With back-up plan not sure : make a tourist visa if can't have the non-O, and then to TRY to convert it here in Chiang Rai ??? Or Bangkok with adress in Chiang Rai ?? Quite lost :)

Or should i definitely consider to go to Penang by plane IF it's ok there ???

11 hours ago, Sambotte said:

So... HA ha... Better Vientiane then ?

Ha no lol :

http://www.pcscenter.sb.police.go.th/eng/news-detail-eng.php?lang=eng&newskey=28

"The Police Clearance Center would like to inform you that a Certificate processing period is approximately 30 business days. This announcement is affective from 21 July 2015."

Of course... :) Makes something like 1 month and half to get this document...

Still lost and more and more actually...

So... Well, still have 2 weeks to figure it out :)

Vientiane looks a no-go because of the requested criminal record witch takes more than one month...

Then should i try Savannakhet with money proofs, no pension ? With back-up plan not sure : make a tourist visa if can't have the non-O, and then to TRY to convert it here in Chiang Rai ??? Or Bangkok with adress in Chiang Rai ?? Quite lost :)

Or should i definitely consider to go to Penang by plane IF it's ok there ???

If you don't have an income-letter from your embassy, don't waste time at Savanahket, either.  The income shown on an embassy letter does not have to be from a state-pension.  I'm not sure what Penang or other nearby consulates want, these days - maybe someone who has done this very recently can comment.

No harm in asking at Chaing Rai, and see what they say/want to do the conversion.  I'd start there.  As UJ reported, more offices can do this now than before.

You cannot do it in Bangkok with a Chang Rai address - you'd need to temporarily move to Bangkok (get some sort of rental-agreement) to apply for the conversion there.

11 hours ago, Sambotte said:

With back-up plan not sure : make a tourist visa if can't have the non-O, and then to TRY to convert it here in Chiang Rai ???

You cab do a conversion to a non immigrant visa  at Chiang Rai immigration.

• Like 1

I am looking to obtain a Non-o for retirement visa multi entry  without returning to UK. which I then want to conver to a full retirement visa.

I have been told this is possible from Vientiane. I am not married to a Thai, I have the required funds.

1. Do I need to have the income proof verified by an embassy before I submit. (monthly pay slips)
  2. Can I just show my bank account on line on my phone App as proof.
  3. Does all funds have to be all in Thai baht 

any experiences would be greatly appreciated

13 hours ago, johnbarpic said:

I am looking to obtain a Non-o for retirement visa multi entry  without returning to UK. which I then want to conver to a full retirement visa.

I have been told this is possible from Vientiane. I am not married to a Thai, I have the required funds.

1. Do I need to have the income proof verified by an embassy before I submit. (monthly pay slips)
  2. Can I just show my bank account on line on my phone App as proof.
  3. Does all funds have to be all in Thai baht 

any experiences would be greatly appreciated

1. Yes - Embassy letter to show income.  Also, this letter seems to count as "proof of retirement" (a new requirement at Lao consulates) - so even if you have 800K-Baht+ of funds in the bank, you still need an embassy letter showing some income.

2 and 3. No - you need a printed statement.  More...

On 2/14/2017 at 8:18 AM, ubonjoe said:

Vientiane will expect it to be a Thai bank. Penang may issue one with a bank statement from  a non Thai bank.

... from here:
https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/968725-best-embassy-for-non-o-for-retirement-vientiane-or-penang/?do=findComment&comment=11619076