Price Of Oem Win-xp-pro

opalhort

I'm going to order a new PC soon but would like to know what is the current price for a licensed version of WIN-XP pro (OEM).

In May 2005 I paid 7,400Baht on a new PC.

Is it possible to get a second (cheaper) license for the current version (also OEM, still will use it on old PC) I have?

opalhort

You need to look quickly as alot of leftover OEM XPs will be traded back to Microsoft when Vista ships in January.

Thanks for your reply cdnvic.

I am aware of the possible trade-back of XP vs VISTA. This is one reason why I am going to place an order for a locally assembled PC tomorrow (13.12.06). I just wanted to know what is the current charge for a legal OEM WIN-XP-Pro. Hope I still can get one at a bargain price.

opalhort

Edited by opalhort

Did you look at the differences between Windows XP home and Windows XP Pro, most people will find that hey will be happy with buying Windows XP Home.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/how.../choosing2.mspx

Windows XP Home just cost around 3500 Baht

The only real difference is the ability to join a domain

We will have to go for the WIN-XP-pro version because the home version does not have (or has limited) features like: Remote Desktop, Offline Files&Folders, Access control, Software installation&maintenance and Multilingual user interface (MUI).

Today I submitted a RFQ for a new PC to our computer shop and was told that the current price for WIN-XP-pro (OEM) is about 6,500B. This is not yet confirmed, will know the final price by Monday.

opalhort