Shameful: Farang lowlife cons Thais stuck in traffic by lying about robbery

webfact

15 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

He is undoubtedly a shameless conman ... but no worse than the boiler room scammers, property developers, financial advisers and other such "pond life" that swim in Thai waters and prey on their own kind. 

This guy speaks a little Thai and is fully embracing Thainess ... when in Rome. 

Embracing Thainess? In nearly 30 years here I've only been approached once by a stranger asking me for money, and that was a monk.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, saakura said:

He has been around for a while now. I myself got scammed into giving him 100 Baht when suddenly out the blue, he appeared on a motorbike and tapped on my car window at a red signal, and gave me a story about having been robbed in Silom and needing to fill some oil in his bike to reach home. Next dsy i found out that he has scammed many others. This was a year ago.

Hats off to him getting a leg up on the Thais over a scam and at least he is not predominantly going after Thais, so they need to change the title.

8 minutes ago, bannork said:

Embracing Thainess? In nearly 30 years here I've only been approached once by a stranger asking me for money, and that was a monk.

They're a crafty bunch, those monks.

The point being made is that normally the boot is on the other foot ... "falang pay more" ... I was watching a You Tube video made by a Norwegian guy who is touring Thailand on his motorbike. He is fluent in Thai. He went into a garage in the North and asked the women in English how much to clean his bike. The young guy cleaning shouted "80 Baht" in Thai, the women then told him "100 Baht" in English. He said to her in Thai ... "but he said 80 Baht?". Thainess in action. 

Perhaps that shameful conman farang is just getting some of that back?

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

in Los Angeles, it is a common occurrence to be approached in a gas station by people saying they just ran out of gas and need some money to "get home".

same people everyday.

I was approached in Santa Monica... a bum claiming he needed money for food.

his luck was in... I had spare food in my bag, which I promptly started sharing with me... lol.... wrong move... he threw it back at me!

i was young and naive, back then.... now I only give money to the legless or armless ( NOTE.... not drunk or harmless) beggers at the local village markets

I was in all you can eat BBQ place in Pattaya a few months ago whith three Filipinos .When a white guy come up 2 our table put a tiny toy on the table with a card. The card was a begging card saying I am deaf please buy my toy for a 100THB. He sort of gave me a stare as he walked of which made me think he didn't notice me and he was only trying it on with Thais. He then walked about gave out a few more. Then went back and picked them up, 3 Thai people bought a toy. So in less then 10 mins he got 300THB. I said to my friends there is no way he can't work in his own country. There is nothing wrong with his body and there is Hundreds of ways he can earn a living. I really don't know why he thinks that is acceptable. And I wonder if he wasn't deaf.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Is this all that xenophobic Thais can throw at us?
A man sleeps with a 17 year old. A man asks for gas money, 20 baht. A couple of Wanner be drug dealers caught with 60 E's get there life taken away from them.
Hardly harden criminals.
The rise of nationalistic xenophobic witch hunts has increased. Tread carefully now my fellow foreigners.

In Europe and the U.S they have reason to be wary of who they let in with the last 2 years of Isis terror attacks. What utter nonsense gets people into a fury with foreigners out here. Like the drunk Italian's pulling some flags down. O.t.t nationalism.

8 minutes ago, juice777 said:

I was in all you can eat BBQ place in Pattaya a few months ago whith three Filipinos .When a white guy come up 2 our table put a tiny toy on the table with a card. The card was a begging card saying I am death please buy my toy for a 100THB. He sort of gave me a stare as he walked of which made me think he didn't notice me and he was only trying it on with Thais. He then walked about gave out a few more. Then went back and picked them up, 3 Thai people bought a toy. So in less then 10 mins he got 300THB. I said to my friends there is no way he can't work in his own country. There is nothing wrong with his body and there is Hundreds of ways he can earn a living. I really don't know why he thinks that is acceptable. And I wonder if he wasn't death.

I think you mean "deaf" ... i.e. his hearing has gone? If it really was "death" then you've met your first zombie! :smile:

I saw these guys a lot at coffee shops, they place a keyring and a card for you to read, then come back to collect the stuff or your contribution. 

4 hours ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

Surely this is a reserved occupation in Thailand; only Thais can carry out this sort of work?

Off course you have to connect it with the Thai people. Why? Is that some sort of mental illness in this forum?
Send the stupid farang home. He has nothing here to do.

I think you mean "deaf" ... i.e. his hearing has gone? If it really was "death" then you've met your first zombie! [emoji2]

I saw these guys a lot at coffee shops, they place a keyring and a card for you to read, then come back to collect the stuff or your contribution. 

Oh yeah I mean deaf lol

Where do you live I've never seen a Westerner do this in Thailand before?

I was in all you can eat BBQ place in Pattaya a few months ago whith three Filipinos .When a white guy come up 2 our table put a tiny toy on the table with a card. The card was a begging card saying I am deaf please buy my toy for a 100THB. He sort of gave me a stare as he walked of which made me think he didn't notice me and he was only trying it on with Thais. He then walked about gave out a few more. Then went back and picked them up, 3 Thai people bought a toy. So in less then 10 mins he got 300THB. I said to my friends there is no way he can't work in his own country. There is nothing wrong with his body and there is Hundreds of ways he can earn a living. I really don't know why he thinks that is acceptable. And I wonder if he wasn't deaf.

Edit:^^^ beat me to it by a couple of seconds [emoji14]

I'm guessing you meant deaf, if he really was Death asking you for 100THB, I'd give it to him [emoji15]

4 hours ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

Surely this is a reserved occupation in Thailand; only Thais can carry out this sort of work?

Seen him Pattaya 8 months back same script and he was wearing latex gloves ..no prints if he sees an oppertunity for anything . 

He could turn his hand to anything and probably has..UK full of his breed  now

Seen him Pattaya 8 months back same script and he was wearing latex gloves ..no prints if he sees an oppertunity for anything . 
He could turn his hand to anything and probably has..UK full of his breed  now

I wouldn't use the word full

2 hours ago, ALLSEEINGEYE said:

why does it matter if his sob story is a lie or not. If you choose to give beggars money that is your decision. 

Exactly. I can also think of a lot worse crimes than to con people out of small change. Like e.g. babies and infants being poisoned for profit under the pretext of immunising them. 

38 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

I was watching a You Tube video made by a Norwegian guy who is touring Thailand on his motorbike. He is fluent in Thai. He went into a garage in the North and asked the women in English how much to clean his bike. The young guy cleaning shouted "80 Baht" in Thai, the women then told him "100 Baht" in English. He said to her in Thai ... "but he said 80 Baht?". Thainess in action. 

Right! Yes! I have had that happened to me too. Faland pricing. I should really learn Thai. LOL

We are a bit like women in the West going into a car mechanic shop asking for a lube (now, now,... no bad jokes) and paying for a new transmission (usually the husband paying for the ... shaft, but I digress). It happens to us, here, not because we are women (although,...), but because we are vulnerable (although I know a guy who knows a thing or two about car repair and he is NEVER going back to those street operations again). Not sure if Thais get taken to the cleaners there too, but ... scamming is part of capitalism, I guess. When it is banks that are doing it, they are too big too fail. When it is your average engineering department asking for a permit to put a post in your yard, it is accepted and there is nothing we can do about it. Scamming is even glorified as in those shows scamming (really) inventors (Shark Tank,...). The guys in the suit appear to be nicer and they steel millions on one lucrative deal (in truth, the "victim" has to agree to the deal, but ...

Sorry about the "but,..." ending, grammar Nazis. I am lazy today.

Wow!!!! Reminds me of the farang riding his bicycle up to the open restaurant market on Pattaya Klang. He goes in eats a dinner plate full of food gets up and walks out without paying. Poor old mama chasing him down the road all for 50 bhat. Or the farang who orders about 10 plates of different food at about 20-40 bhat a plate and after about half an hour places 2-3 dishes on somebody elses table and then refuses to pay for them. Don't know the outcome of that one as I was so amazed I had to leave before war broke out. Or the farangs that refuse to pay 5 bhat for ice while sitting in the deck chairs on Pattaya beach. Some amazing farangs out there

They're a crafty bunch, those monks.

The point being made is that normally the boot is on the other foot ... "falang pay more" ... I was watching a You Tube video made by a Norwegian guy who is touring Thailand on his motorbike. He is fluent in Thai. He went into a garage in the North and asked the women in English how much to clean his bike. The young guy cleaning shouted "80 Baht" in Thai, the women then told him "100 Baht" in English. He said to her in Thai ... "but he said 80 Baht?". Thainess in action. 

I was in food market once when I went to pay I asked how much? The lady asked another lady who said 40THB as she looked up she saw me then said something like Farang 45THB .The first lady looked embarrassed because I asked in Thai so she knew I can speak at least a little bit Thai. So I said really 5THB you want to cheat me for 5THB gave them 45THB and walked of. Seriously what's the point of cheating someone for 5THB they lost a customer and face.

4 hours ago, saakura said:

He has been around for a while now. I myself got scammed into giving him 100 Baht when suddenly out the blue, he appeared on a motorbike and tapped on my car window at a red signal, and gave me a story about having been robbed in Silom and needing to fill some oil in his bike to reach home. Next dsy i found out that he has scammed many others. This was a year ago.

On no! Well if it was a year ago, then he is undoubtedly on these forums. Which one of you is it???

Also perhaps someone can help me, I lost all the codes to my VPN and cant access my paypal account... I only need 100baht to buy some DTAC data so I can go online and sort it all out? I take Amex, visa, bitcoin & cash...