Horror smash on Chonburi motorway but foreign father and son survive

webfact

5 hours ago, Thaidream said:

From the picture- it appears the truck driver moved into the side of the car forcing it into the barrier. I have seen large trucks move from lane to lane on this highway at high speeds when they should be travelling at the speed limit in their reserved lanes. And yes, I have also seen it in the USA. There was a time when large trucks were driven by professonals. That is no longer the case.

Yep.... what I thought.... no apparent damage to the front (side.... we're the car would have contacted the truck BBK) cab of the truck.

I also reckon this bloke got squished by the truck.... I would have thought the accusation would have been that the car tried to overtake on the right, whilst the truck was entering (committed to ) the right hand lane.

but.... right or wrong.... I'm sure all won't be revealed in due course.

1 hour ago, Nonobkk said:

The foreigner driver name José

are a good friend.

His son passed away yesterday at the hospital. RIP.

So sad.... so very sad... but will it spur accident investigators ( do they have them here) to delve deeper into this matter?

probably not, especially as the "government" appear happy enough to accept that their standing is getting worse (eg... corruption rating )

5 hours ago, slapout said:

The front of the truck does not appear damaged, which would be expected if hitting a slower  vehicle pulling in front of you. As mentioned truck wheels indicate truck may have been moving into the lane where impact took place (passing vehicle in other lane) and did not notice car until he hit and pushed him into divider.  There is a blind spot on trucks of this size for smaller vehicles once the engine cover of truck is past said small vehicle. I have seen this type accident happen several times in my travels here. If what the driver said is true he would have hit the car with cab of truck  not the trailer he was pulling.

That would be my take on it too.

That stretch of the Motorway is always crammed full of these large trucks from the Laem Chabang / Sriracha Ports and multitude of Industrial Estates in the area.

I have seen these trucks so many times trying to out - speed each other on the slight inclines

IMO the truck was probably in the central lane, and tried too pass another truck in front of him ( boy racers with trucks ), and then swerved out to jam the car onto the concrete barrier.

Seen it happen so many times before, but this time there was a RTA.

Thankfully, there was no injury to the car driver or the young boy, but of course Somchai will just walk away laughing.

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, robertthebruce said:

I gave up driving here a few months back....

too dangerous........

Now all you need to do is watch out for spikes in the ground etc etc

take care... either way... it's crazy out there. ?