certificate of residence - owner refuses to give blue book copy

Hello,

I am in phuket and was going to buy a motorbike and get the driving licence. In order to transfer the green book and to get the driving license I need the certificate of residence so I headed to the immigration with all the documents needed and I was asked copy of ID of my landlord and his blue book of the house. The owner of the house were I live with long term contract, refused to give me such documents. I guess they are scared because they think they are gonna check at immigration if they registered the contract (and they probably didn't)? What can I do? This is a very big issue for me.

Thanks in advance

Thanks for your kind answer. I looked into it and would be 50$ each copy which is a ridiculously high price for something that is free at immigration, and above all for a problem that my landlord is causing because he probably fooled me into signing some sketchy contract. I will try and solve it the "thai way" before paying 100$ at the consulate .

3 hours ago, Sundown said:

I guess they are scared because they think they are gonna check at immigration if they registered the contract (and they probably didn't)?

There is no registration of rental contracts.

The owner might be concerned about paying taxes on the income which is a false concern since immigration does no reporting to the revenue department.

As I know (and I am not too sure), every landlord should file at immigration the rental contract from the beginning. Many thai don't do that thinking that this will help them hide the revenue coming from the rental contract. I don't want to pressure them because they are a nice family, so for now I told them is all ok....also because I think it will be very hard explaining them that they are on a false concern..

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, sendintheclowns said:

If I bring a copy of my house lease and owners ID card, is it possible to obtain a residence certificate from the Immigration office in another province to that where I live? She will not give me a copy of the Blue book. I Need this certificate  to buy a car. Thanks

That entirely depends upon the immigration office you go to.

Some do not do them at all.

Most will not do one unless you have an address for their area of responsibility.

Your only option may be to get proof of address from you embassy.

12 hours ago, sendintheclowns said:

If I bring a copy of my house lease and owners ID card, is it possible to obtain a residence certificate from the Immigration office in another province to that where I live? She will not give me a copy of the Blue book. I Need this certificate  to buy a car. Thanks

I got residence certificate from another province.

Lady at counter told me, that it's impossible and I have to go to my province. But her boss happend to walk around and overheard our conversation. And since my adress is closer to office in another province than to office in my province he told her, to give me certificate.

I got driving licence with that certificate and I bought motorbike with that certificate. So totally legit.

It really depends on people at that office. You could get it.

Edited by howard ashoul

I noticed on the Immigration website there is a warning about a fine up to 10000 THB for not reporting an alien living on your property within 24 hours.  This TM 30 Krap seems to be racheting up, all over.  Cost me 1600... to file on my own condo that I have blue and yellow books for.

On 25/3/2017 at 2:06 AM, KhonKaenKowboy said:

I noticed on the Immigration website there is a warning about a fine up to 10000 THB for not reporting an alien living on your property within 24 hours.  This TM 30 Krap seems to be racheting up, all over.  Cost me 1600... to file on my own condo that I have blue and yellow books for.

our patio lights were surging and dimming last night. But, thankfully no aliens.

On 24/3/2017 at 8:57 PM, howard ashoul said:

I got residence certificate from another province.

Lady at counter told me, that it's impossible and I have to go to my province. But her boss happend to walk around and overheard our conversation. And since my adress is closer to office in another province than to office in my province he told her, to give me certificate.

I got driving licence with that certificate and I bought motorbike with that certificate. So totally legit.

It really depends on people at that office. You could get it.

thanks all. used our landlady's tambien baan for her house, plus a lease between her and us.  that combo of papers was accepted, after few seconds hesitation. I do worry about the future for those with land holding companies.