A Rare Beast In Pattaya.

giddyup

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Dunno, but in UK it was an option...Actually although I loved the V6, and had it for 10 years, it was probably the worse road car I ever had regarding fuel consumption...

Was a favourite engine for many Marcos owners. Mind you the Marcos was about the same weight as a Biafran sparrow so it pushed them along quite well.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Was a favourite engine for many Marcos owners. Mind you the Marcos was about the same weight as a Biafran sparrow so it pushed them along quite well.

It was a lovely engine to look at too, but doing the tappets took forever...Only probs I had, being a high mileage ride, was I had to change the front crank oil seals twice, once at a garage, that didn't last long, second I did myself that lasted till l sold it..

Wish I still had this one, bought it off  mum around 1982, needed body work done and a rotted drivers door, which a breakers had. Changed the colour from silver to black. Sadly back then they didn't have an overdrive gear, but the 3 litre V6 and auto box were sweet, plus full Independent suspension...1975 Ford Granada Ghia....:wub:

Scan.jpg

13 minutes ago, transam said:

Wish I still had this one, bought it off  mum around 1982, needed body work done and a rotted drivers door, which a breakers had. Changed the colour from silver to black. Sadly back then they didn't have an overdrive gear, but the 3 litre V6 and auto box were sweet, plus full Independent suspension...1975 Ford Granada Ghia....:wub:

Scan.jpg

Brother had a Canary yellow one.

Used to get pissed off when I called it his Ford Grandad.

14 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Brother had a Canary yellow one.

Used to get pissed off when I called it his Ford Grandad.

At the time the ride was a real bird puller, made famous by the cop TV series "The Sweeney"...For the period it was the bizz in the UK....I had one before this one which I used for mini cabbing....Cool ride the rascals liked to be picked up in....:stoner:

2 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Sweeny one was bronze metallic and looked good as well.

Liked the close up of the shoe pushing the go pedal so much I actually bought a pair. Never had the flairs before anybody starts.

I did............:stoner:

5 hours ago, overherebc said:

No moon roof. Took me a few days to get used to the engine cut out and restart at lights etc.

never had that before and in the first few hours I thought it had a problem until it clicked what was happening. Still really liked the thing though, the other problem was motorway and the fact that you were moving a lot faster than you thought, easy to get caught out on the B roads as well.

Like the old riddle goes; 

what is is the difference between a hedgehog and a Volvo?

A) On a hedgehog, the pricks are on the outside........

I had a 740 turbo when they first came out. Spent the best part of the first year in the dealers getting new wiring, new gearbox never really had the chance to try it out properly.

2 hours ago, transam said:

Scan.jpg

You didn't have hidden blue flashing lights behind the front grille did you? I met a chap that did on the A1 once........

3 hours ago, transam said:

Scan.jpg

US version of 82 Granada....The Red/White one is a 75

images-3.jpg

images-4.jpg

images-5.jpg

Edited by pgrahmm

• 2 months later...